Mars InSight Landing Live

Well, get out of your wife’s makeup kit then.

:D
So that was you I saw at the local showing of RHPS. Never knew how well your rocked fishnet stockings and a corset.

I tried www.nsa.gov and didn't see it.

Oh wait...
you-are-awesome-am-just-trying-to-cheer-someone-up-17809481.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-26_13-40-20.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-26_13-40-20.jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 10
Chuckles. The rocket scientist just described the turn for atmospheric entry as needing to be “dead nuts on”.

Really? Never would’ve guessed it.

Chuckles. The rocket scientist just described the turn for atmospheric entry as needing to be “dead nuts on”.

Really? Never would’ve guessed it.
Hopefully they learned from their September 1999 Mars Climate Orbiter imperial versus metric debacle.

Elon should've sent a Cirrus to Mars... just pull the 'chute.

IBTL

Absolutely thrilled to see that the landing was successful. Awesome job by a bunch of very smart people. I couldn't be more happy for them.

This is the part where I second-guess every decision I made as a teenager and young adult that resulted in me NOT working at NASA.... sigh.

If you're interested, the Apollo 11 source code was published to github a few years ago with some fascinating "comments" embedded in the code. About 150,000 lines of assembly.

Insight: 2.5 million lines of C code on a radiation-hardened version of the PowerPC. In other words, it's a Mac running a real-time OS!

I've recently heard that they time delay the transmissions from these Mars missions. The do this in case any aliens show up in the picture, they can edit it out. Same way the networks did after the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction.

Back