Bluetooth From TV to Speaker?

Mooney Fan

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mooney Fan
My Mom has a blown speaker in her TV. Anyone know of an external bluetooth solution? She is hard of hearing which is why the speaker is blown the first place. We were thinking of a bluetooth speaker on the table by her chair.

Can we do that on an older TV? It does have USB

Thanks for the suggestions

I looked for something similar a while back and don't think there is anything out there. The main issue seems to be that the words and picture can't be matched well enough due to the lag. It's best to just get a cheap sound bar or a set of those headsets they can wear.

Thanks everyone that helps. We may just upgrade her TV (Christmas gift) to one with built in bluetooth.

@AggieMike88 - As an LSU guy, I have already forgotten about Saturday night.......lol

Thanks everyone that helps. We may just upgrade her TV (Christmas gift) to one with built in bluetooth.

That’s probably a smart move - TVs are so cheap these days it’s hard to justify spending money to make an older model do what you need.

That's the right answer. These days it just doesn't make much sense to put money into fixing any TV that's more than two years old.

That is indeed what we wound up doing. Amazon cyber Monday deal. Early Christmas gift for Mom

Thanks again all

Back