Century IIB autopilot troubleshoot help

GeneC

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
GeneC
Ok, 2 problems presented at the same time. 1st. When just in autopilot mode no heading bug, the roll knob needs to be turned about 60 degrees to the left to keep wings level. 2nd. When in heading bug mode, the heading bug needs to be kept about 10 degrees to the left to hold course. This all happened about the same time DG became intermittent. Some days it would spin up and work other days it would not. DG is going out for overhaul. I am wondering if this is related? Also, the center adjustment screw has no affect on either the roll knob or the heading bug alignment. Does anyone have any insight? Otherwise, works as suppose to. Also, holds VOR navigation correctly. Any ideas?

I have a very clean complete Century IIB for sale on barnstormers.
New servo, new old stock controller, just overhauled AH
Ok, 2 problems presented at the same time. 1st. When just in autopilot mode no heading bug, the roll knob needs to be turned about 60 degrees to the left to keep wings level. 2nd. When in heading bug mode, the heading bug needs to be kept about 10 degrees to the left to hold course. This all happened about the same time DG became intermittent. Some days it would spin up and work other days it would not. DG is going out for overhaul. I am wondering if this is related? Also, the center adjustment screw has no affect on either the roll knob or the heading bug alignment. Does anyone have any insight? Otherwise, works as suppose to. Also, holds VOR navigation correctly. Any ideas?

Back