Looking for a CFII in north central Iowa.

lancie00

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
lancie00
75% done with IFR (235 hours total approximately 30 hours under the hood). Written completed. Still need to finish my IFR long cross country. My CFI unexpectedly passed away. I can't seem to find a CFII interested in helping me get finished. Based in KFOD (Fort Dodge, Iowa) with a Piper Arrow. I work 8-5 M-F but could work around that if I need to. I'd even settle for someone wanting to put in a long weekend. Thanks

Not north central, but Sioux City (KSUX) 1 Vision Aviation just started flight training and has a CFII.
Started working on my PPL with them a couple weeks ago.

Not north central, but Sioux City (KSUX) 1 Vision Aviation just started flight training and has a CFII.
Started working on my PPL with them a couple weeks ago.

I don't know if they're any good but they have a really nice web site. I'll give them a call tomorrow and talk to them about customizing an accelerated course so I can finish up. I've got relation in Sioux city so I could always stay with them.

Thanks!

I was at Waterloo regional last week KALO. The FBO gal mentioned they get a ton of students doing accelerated stuff over winter. CFI s come over, stay with them and get stuff done. Not sure if that’s closer to you than KSUX or not, worth a shot. I have no idea how good or bad they are

I was at Waterloo regional last week KALO. The FBO gal mentioned they get a ton of students doing accelerated stuff over winter. CFI s come over, stay with them and get stuff done. Not sure if that’s closer to you than KSUX or not, worth a shot. I have no idea how good or bad they are
Thanks for the info. Kalo is 84 miles and KSUX is 91 miles. I'll check them out too.

Come up to North Iowa Air Service at MCW. I'm not a CFII yet, but we do have a couple that could get you finished up.

I would like to recommend Don at Carroll Aviation. He is a great instructor and is located at KCIN. Hope this helps you out. I'm sorry about your instructor passing away. Good Luck!!

I did quite a bit of training with Chris Schrodt at North Iowa Air Service. He was one of the better instructors that I have trained with.

Sounds like Iowa is the place to be for flight schools and CFI/I’s !!!

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm in the process of contacting several of the recommended CFI's mentioned to see who works the best for me.

Livingston Aviation at KALO was great to work with when I did accelerated instrument training and finished my multi rating in 2016. They have a DPE there at the FBO for the checkride so it was very convenient. I highly recommend Livingston Aviation and the Waterloo Airport.

Back