Baron down around KLBL

Gmonnig

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Grant
Beech Baron picked up Severe Icing and went down around KLBL. Two on board, R.I.P. N4817M departed KMTJ heading to Branson, MO.

just curious how you know about the icing, is their audio?

Wow. God bless. Time of your you can pick up ice quick. Was supposed to go up today and didn’t as the runway wasn’t plowed. So did some ground work and CFI told a lot of scary icing stories.

Was out of KSAC this am into KMTJ. No flight plan for the second segment that I can see.

IMG-1961.jpg
RIP

IMG-1960.jpg

Most of Colorado has been under icing 'mets all day

Flight Aware shows an arrival. Nothing in the news...

No AIRMETs or forecasted icing?

Sad.

:(
There were many warning out all day for Colorado and Kansas. The Controller working the Baron warned him about all the icing in the area too. The system is still moving through MO and IL right now. Nearly had a repeat today. 172 caught in the ice from KMKC to KCGI. We got that one down safely though. Just don't know why people risk it with all the PIREPS, AIRMETS and SIGMETS. Be safe out there in this winter weather.

There were many warning out all day for Colorado and Kansas. The Controller working the Baron warned him about all the icing in the area too. The system is still moving through MO and IL right now. Nearly had a repeat today. 172 caught in the ice from KMKC to KCGI. We got that one down safely though. Just don't know why people risk it with all the PIREPS, AIRMETS and SIGMETS. Be safe out there in this winter weather.
I don’t know either. Thank you for your commitment to keeping us safe while we fly—and all of those working in ATC.

I don’t know either. Thank you for your commitment to keeping us safe while we fly—and all of those working in ATC.

+1

:yes:

Icing airmets all over the US today. Very sad. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sad ,it’s to bad the pilot didn’t heed all the warnings. Pireps are your friend.

Back