What REALLY Happened to D.B. Cooper

Stingray Don

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Stingray Don
5-3-88-e-rottweiler-farm-the-untold-ending-of-d-b-5022904.png

Gravity. Lot's and lot's of gravitons . . .the 32ft/sec/sec kind; snatched the hatch to Hell out from under him, and bundled him off to oblivion. Didn't bounce once.

Ol' D.B. vacated the aircraft along V23, about 25 miles north of Vancouver WA. A block or two up the street from my old law firm in Vancouver is a nifty little brewpub with a Cooper theme, called "Victor 23". Among their offerings are Skyjacker IPA, Flight 305 Amber, Jet Fuel Imperial IPA, and Schaffner Pilsner (23-year-old Florence Schaffner was the FA to whom DBC handed the hijack note). Their logo is a hop suspended from a parachute. Their tagline: "Where craft beer and grand larceny meet."

Last edited:
I solved it, its Max! I think he may have survived considering the amount of knowledge, it seems like a lot of planning went into the jump. Money in the river, some could have fallen out during the jump. When I lived in that area I had plotted the whole thing out and was working on the math for wind drift with open or not open chute to determine a place to start looking for traces.

Splat.

Don Nyrop gave him a streamer.

It should be easy to figure out who DB Cooper was: for someone who suddenly had $200K in cash in 1971, it's obvious the first thing they would do is buy a Bonanza, so we just need to review the list of Bonanza purchasers in 1972.

Nonsense. He lost some of the money, but he also never spent any of the rest.
For many years it was claimed he couldn't have survived the jump. Yet it's now possible to pay money to experience the exact jump from a 727.

Did he survive? Probably. No one ever found the remains of a failed jump.
Did it go according to plan? Unlikely.

I saw him at a party with JFK Jr. recently. :dunno:

I thought he changed his first name to Stan, and has been hiding in plain sight right here on this board.

Here's Dan Gryder's latest YouTube video in the "D. B. Cooper" series

Dan will be at CooperCon2021 in Vancouver, WA, on November 21-22, 2021 and says he plans to replicate the Cooper jump on 11.24.2021.

Back