Avweb now quotes POA

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
On the Pilots of America online forum, an American Airlines pilot posted an informational bulletin from a pilot’s association and added this: “We had NO idea that this MCAS even existed. It was not mentioned in our manuals anywhere (until today). Everyone on the 737 had to go through differences training for the MAX and it was never mentioned there either.”

https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/ne...37-MAX-Auto-Trim-System-Updated-231846-1.html

:cheers:

Not surprising. There are a lot of the Avweb guys hanging around here. Lots of overlap between AVWEB, the old CompuServe (now sort of an independent site) AVSIG, and a few of the Belvoir publications. They've never been below stealing content from the "internet" posts (at least now they gave credit). Given their styling as a "news" site, they can get away with the copyright issues.

Properly credited, whats the prob? I'd be interested to see if it increases membership.

Would have been nice if they reached out to me first, but ultimately I don't care. I don't post anything on social media (including message boards) that'd cause problems if reposted somewhere else. I don't broadcast my employer or specifics of my job - not because it's any big secret, but I figure why make it easy for some random person that's here to dig for information? Not that it did any good in this case, but note that I didn't post much of the actual communication I got from my company or pilot's association - mainly the excerpt regarding MCAS that they got from Boeing.

Anyway, I'll be signing autographs for a buck apiece! :) :)

Not much of a "news outlet" if they are quoting from this forum.

There's certainly no way to verify my credentials (such as they are). I could be some flight sim geek spewing BS for all they know. Imagine if some of these outlets started quoting Henning back in the day. Heh!

Last edited:
Not much of a "news outlet" if they are quoting from this forum.

They take their lead from CNN which runs tweets as 'news' all day long.

Next thing Avweb is gonna wrestle someone for a microphone.

You never know who reads these threads. I think that was @kayoh190 ’s quote. Hope they gave him a buck or two to use it!

:)

Him? No kidding, I thought, because of the name, he was a she.

I'm not nearly as attracted to her, or him, as I was five minutes ago.

Him? No kidding, I thought, because of the name, he was a she.

I'm not nearly as attracted to her, or him, as I was five minutes ago.
Sorry to break it to ya.

Would have been nice if they reached out to me first, but ultimately I don't care. I don't post anything on social media (including message boards) that'd cause problems if reposted somewhere else. I don't broadcast my employer or specifics of my job - not because it's any big secret, but I figure why make it easy for some random person that's here to dig for information? Not that it did any good in this case, but note that I didn't post much of the actual communication I got from my company or pilot's association - mainly the excerpt regarding MCAS that they got from Boeing.

There's certainly no way to verify my credentials (such as they are). I could be some flight sim geek spewing BS for all they know. Imagine if some of these outlets started quoting Henning back in the day. Heh!

Here ya go. Sign away

upload_2018-11-16_13-7-48.jpeg

Seems to be tweets from a select few- on one hand, those people reported are such that their comments, even as tweets, should carry great weight. OTOH, those same tweets do seem to take too much of the news.

Here's my buck!

upload_2018-11-16_15-21-45.jpeg

Properly credited, whats the prob? I'd be interested to see if it increases membership.
Never said there was a problem (in fact, said the opposite). It's a far cry from when IFR used to word for word lift items from netnews posts and publish them without even attribution. We have a term for that: copyright infringement.

Reported!!!:crazy:

You told me you worked for ______ and could hook me up with cheap tickets. Curses.

I think that tweets from high government officials are justifiably considered newsworthy.

I think that tweets from high government officials are justifiably considered newsworthy.

Yup, those are newsworthy because they represent official statements of that person. It's the random opinion tweets they pull off the internet and feature as news that make the three cable channels so unbearably shallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back