When the controller has an identity issue.

That sounds an awful lot like the guy I got at Sioux City about 11 years ago with Richard in the way to 6Y9.

Bet he’s an honorary Southern Colonel too - or at least wishes he was.

Well, I am not a face book member....
You should make a fake FB profile; I did, just so I could add snarky comments to sites that require a profile. Use a made-up name, such as "Roger Ramjet".

I don’t think he’s pointing fingers at anyone, just making a statement of his own. Calm down.
Didn't mean to imply he was pointing fingers. My response was because I don't understand what someone would be hoping to accomplish by announcing they don't have FB account in this context. Does he want the poster to feel bad for posting something that he could have free and easy access to but chooses not to?

If you overhear two people discussing their workout routine but you don't workout or go to a gym, you'd probably just not say anything. If you walked up to them and said well that's all well and good but I don't have a gym membership, they'd look at you like you were a crazy person.

I thought thee post was about the controller? Not sure what Facebook account has to do with anything.

I thought thee post was about the controller? Not sure what Facebook account has to do with anything.

You can’t view the controller post without a Facebook account.

And that is what my comment was all about. Not everyone in the world has a facebook account. The only reason I do text messaging is because my (then) 80 year old mom wanted me to so she would not have to call me and interrupt me just for one question.... :lol::lol:

I went up in the tower at JQF once and met that controller. Real nice guy. He really seems to enjoy his job.

Believe me, we know. We know because so many of those folks in the world who do not have an account will never stop reminding us.:rolleyes:

I just don't feel the need to tell folks about the normal BM I did after lunch....:lol::lol:

However my wife uses facebook to keep in touch with her family in the P.I. and that keeps her happy.

I just don't feel the need to tell folks about the normal BM I did after lunch....

However my wife uses facebook to keep in touch with her family in the P.I. and that keeps her happy.
I use FB mostly to find what time zone my parents are in.

Tim

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Well I had hoped this wouldn't turn into a major facebook debate. Guess I was wrong.. You don't need an account to view.

Well I had hoped this wouldn't turn into a major facebook debate. Guess I was wrong.. You don't need an account to view.
Its a thing. There are none so proud of themselves nor so judgmental of others as those who don't have FB accounts. They cannot wait to tell you that they don't have accounts nor find a creative way to mention how stupid they think you are for having one.

Its the new 'Oh, I don't have a TV. You do? Oh, I thought you were smarter than that'.

Last edited:
...nor find a creative way to mention how stupid they think you are for having one.

I'm truly envious of your ability to attain an account on a "free" service to have your preferences tracked for advertising pushes while you share your every location with the world and show us pictures of your food, "cute" kids, and the like. Someday I may attain such glorious status.

I hope you found this creative. If so, like me on facebook?

[Note to pendants: incorrect use of the word attain was deliberate]

I'm truly envious of your ability to attain an account on a "free" service to have your preferences tracked for advertising pushes while you share your every location with the world and show us pictures of your food, "cute" kids, and the like. Someday I may attain such glorious status.

I hope you found this creative. If so, like me on facebook?

[Note to pendants: incorrect use of the word attain was deliberate]

What about the incorrect use of the word pendant?

what's facebook?

It’s where old people or the ignorant post their fleeting moments in the hopes someone will give it a thumbs up or even better, leave a comment so as to validate their miserable lives and make them feel worthwhile. Generally also used to start fights that ruin quasi-cyber/real relationships over indeterminate inflection and misunderstandings that metastasize into physical altercations and subsequent incarceration or substantial monetary obligations.

Never had it........never will. I don’t need your likes to know I matter. A verbal thanks over the phone or in person does it for me.

It’s where old people or the ignorant post their fleeting moments in the hopes someone will give it a thumbs up or even better, leave a comment so as to validate their miserable lives and make them feel worthwhile. Generally also used to start fights that ruin quasi-cyber/real relationships over indeterminate inflection and misunderstandings that metastasize into physical altercations and subsequent incarceration or substantial monetary obligations.

Never had it........never will. I don’t need your likes to know I matter. A verbal thanks over the phone or in person does it for me.

Don’t mince words, tell us what you really think!

You can. It's just that it's rather goofy.

If you are on a desktop and click the link, it will bring up the mobile site and won't let you view the video. Just change "m.facebook..." to "www.facebook..." and it should work. If you click the link from a mobile device, I believe it will play without logging into an account. But if the location bar shows "www.facebook...", try changing it to "m.facebook..."

I was listening to it and started to write there is a controller at Concord that sounds like that and then saw it was Concord. You can hear him on Youtube videos of pilots that fly out of Concord NC (JQF). And where is @eman1200 to comment on this? Surely he's heard him.

I was listening to it and started to write there is a controller at Concord that sounds like that and then saw it was Concord. You can hear him on Youtube videos of pilots that fly out of Concord NC (JQF). And where is @eman1200 to comment on this? Surely he's heard him.

I hear him and speak to him all the time. They’re all good guys up in the tower. I didn’t know the thread was about him, I thought it was just a bunch of whining about FB.

Anyways, yeah, if u catch him in a good day he’s hilarious.

Back