[NA]find unusual auto part[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
for employee (I can't afford such expensive vehicles :D )

Dodge Powerwagon
A.R.E. camper shell

Needs some kind of 'boot' to make a tunnel between the back window of the pickup truck and the front window of the camper so that the dogs can get some a/c back there.

Knows she does not want an 'inflatable' one.

Even can tolerate a home-grown solution as long as it doesn't involve duct tape.

I don't know, Dodge Power Wagon and camper shell smacks of trailer park. I wouldn't dismiss duct tape quite yet.

The camper shell boot or window slider boot is what you need. Any ARE truck accessories dealer should be able to sell the boot. The two things I’d caution you friend on are

1) the seals are notorious for rubbing off paint on the cab due to the truck bed and cab flexibility. Maybe some type of 3M film can be applied first to prevent it, but that’s more expensive

2) noise. You get the road noise and rattling going down the road from being exposed to the non-sound proofed bed. Hopefully she’s not removing the truck slider glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foam pool noodles cut to size, many colors from which to choose.

covers the 4 edges of two windows but what about the gap between them? (several inches)

Really fat pool noodles?

My father in law worked in industrial insulation and they had HUGE diameter soft foam pipe insulation. Maybe one piece would cover both the camper top and cab. He would make koozies with it before there was any such thing.

Really fat pool noodles?

My father in law worked in industrial insulation and they had HUGE diameter soft foam pipe insulation. Maybe one piece would cover both the camper top and cab. He would make koozies with it before there was any such thing.

yeah, maybe a 6" size? Will suggest.

Miter the ends.
jeez do I gotta draw a picture? :D
Not the gap at the corners.
The gap between adjacent lengths of foam.
(originally, it was 4 pieces of foam on each window's edges. Unless the foam on corresponding edges is touching, or very close, there are 4 lengthy gaps. However, since then we talked about huge foam tubes, 4 lengths of which encase paired window edges)

jeez do I gotta draw a picture? :D
Not the gap at the corners.
The gap between adjacent lengths of foam.
(originally, it was 4 pieces of foam on each window's edges. Unless the foam on corresponding edges is touching, or very close, there are 4 lengthy gaps. However, since then we talked about huge foam tubes, 4 lengths of which encase paired window edges)
Huh? - yeah - guess I do need a pic
Pool noodle are, what, 4’ long?
(....the front window in my F250’s ARE cap are 3’ x 2’approx at most)

The amount of conditioned air that would get through a boot is minimal to non-existent.

The amount of conditioned air that would get through a boot is minimal to non-existent.

This has been noted to employee. Suggested a transfer fan. Maybe its more so they can keep an eye on their condition.

Should’ve saved a little more for the “-P” Power Wagon...

Back