Panel upgrades for my C182

Well, I have paid my deposit and she goes to the shop on December 4th. Final decision was:

- G5 HSI
- GTX-345
- Replace 496 with Aera 660
- Remove vacuum system
- Refurbish VSI and ASI

I have been thinking about the Flightstream 210, and whether it would be worthwhile. Not sure I put complex flight plans into the 430W enough to make it worth it.

Well, I have paid my deposit and she goes to the shop on December 4th. Final decision was:

- G5 HSI
- GTX-345
- Replace 496 with Aera 660
- Remove vacuum system
- Refurbish VSI and ASI

I have been thinking about the Flightstream 210, and whether it would be worthwhile. Not sure I put complex flight plans into the 430W enough to make it worth it.

I'm almost done terminating probes for a new CGR-30P (engine monitor) in Dad's 182. I haven't even started accessing the fuel quantity transmitters for replacement but the new ones sure are shiny. Will be interesting comparing the performance of the fuel flow system to the fuel quantity system.

Attachments

• IMG_4479.JPG
    IMG_4479.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4478.JPG
    IMG_4478.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 31

It's one of those "you never knew you 'needed' it until you had it" type gadgets. Sure, you're used to the knob-twisting right now... But when you no longer have to twist knobs, you'll wonder why you ever tolerated it, even for a direct airport-to-airport flight. And in the grand scheme of things aviation and avionics, the FS210 is pretty cheap.

It's one of those "you never knew you 'needed' it until you had it" type gadgets. Sure, you're used to the knob-twisting right now... But when you no longer have to twist knobs, you'll wonder why you ever tolerated it, even for a direct airport-to-airport flight. And in the grand scheme of things aviation and avionics, the FS210 is pretty cheap.

Not to mention any changes from ATC on the flight plan during the flight, changing approaches, etc.

Hmm....it's a lot of AVGAS, guys! Almost a whole tank in Europe :p

Get the FlightStream! YOLO :p

Well, I found an offer I couldn't refuse, and an IFD440 is on the way to replace the 430W!
We ordered one about 2 weeks ago. We should be getting into the avionics shop in a week or two.

There seems to be a lot of info on line. I have been using the iPad simulator trying to get up to speed.
You may want to check out this video. There are a bunch more on line.

We ordered one about 2 weeks ago. We should be getting into the avionics shop in a week or two.

There seems to be a lot of info on line. I have been using the iPad simulator trying to get up to speed.
You may want to check out this video. There are a bunch more on line.

You can find many more videos on IFD540.com

You won’t be disappointed by going to the IFD440. I pulled a GTN650 out of my 182 and installed an IFD540 with WiFi/BT. I wouldn’t even consider going back. I LOVE the 540. I’ve also been installing a lot of the 550’s. I kind of wish I had gone that route. The synthetic vision is great.

Very nice set-up and plan. I would definitely add flightstream 210 which is also a backup AHRS that can provide attitude to Foreflight or Garmin Pilot. Also a 406MHZ ELT if you don't have one.

Very nice set-up and plan. I would definitely add flightstream 210 which is also a backup AHRS that can provide attitude to Foreflight or Garmin Pilot. Also a 406MHZ ELT if you don't have one.

510 makes more sense without any installation stuff

Back