A Childhood Dream

What an amazing story. It's really incredible what emotional attachments we can have to these machines... But we all know they're more than machines. Each one has a unique personality that is unequaled by even the one that followed it off the assembly line. They only continue to gain character as they age. My own plane needs and has received so much attention and money to bring it back into a respectable state. There's no way we would be spending this kind of money if we weren't head-over-heels in love with these aircraft.

Last edited:
Wow, amazing and cool story. But I must confess, I thought she had bought it back for you and was waiting for that lol. Hope you and the owner get to fly together and enjoy your Grandfather’s plane. Nice story.

Wow, amazing and cool story. But I must confess, I thought she had bought it back for you and was waiting for that lol. Hope you and the owner get to fly together and enjoy your Grandfather’s plane. Nice story.

I had that thought for all of about 1/2 a second, then let it go...he did tell me that they didn't have any current plans to sell, but if they changed their minds, I would be the first to know. That made me happy.

Great story ... this plane HAS to get back in the family at some point ... we're counting on you;)

Thanks a lot for making my eyes wet!

Had a parallel experience a few years ago, by my wife.

Dont knownwhy i get so emotional over these buckets of bolts, but i do.

Thanks for sharing your story. You wife is special and you are a lucky man!

Why do people get pleasure out of making grown men cry? Not ME, of course, but like, um, other fellas I heard about.

What an awesome story! What a great idea of your wife and cool that Brian made the meeting with 62C possible. :) What a beautiful plane!

Of course machines have souls.

Edit: couldn’t get the time stamp to work. Fast forward to 8 min 0 sec.

Awesome story. Glad the current owner turned out to be a cool guy that was willing to do that. Hopefully some day he sells it to you!

Back