double yolkers

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
Got four of them in a row. @James_Dean, should I buy a lotto ticket?

Local healthy eggs or Walmart eggs?

That happened to me once. Not that uncommon, if you get one that you'll get more in the same carton but uncommon to get the first. Young chickens tend to produce them so you have higher chance the other eggs in the carton are from the same flock of young hens.

Every Cessna I've ever flown in was a double yoker. I've bought a couple lottery tickets lately, and all I won was the right to say I lost my $4 on lottery tickets.

When we had chickens and ducks we once had a dozen double yolks from the chickens. Good for eating, the duck eggs were good for baking.

I flew a single yoke Cessna in Alaska. I have no idea why the right side was removed. It doesn't take special training......
It might not have been removed at all. At least in the late 1960s and early 1970s, dual controls were listed as an extra-cost option on the 180, 185, U206 and 207. Also, the "Standard" version of the 150 didn't come with dual controls; you had to order the "Trainer" or "Commuter" package.

doublefuse.jpg

Reading the title I was certain this was going to be yet another thread about vintage Bonanzas, with a rant from a snowflake about the throwover.
Then I realized it was George...:)

Last edited:
The very first egg I got from my new bunch of chicks this summer was a double yolker but haven't had another one yet. Usually when thy first start we get a bunch of them.

And no hormones used, nope, none, said so on the package.

Can’t remember the last time I had one, if ever, had three in the last carton of 18.

Must be the chemtrails.

I like bacon. I like sausage, especially if it's hot.

Have you tried both with your eggs?

Depends on the day of the week. Monday, Wednesday and Fridays are scrambled eggs, scrambled with a sausage patty in them and bacon on the side. Tuesdays and Thursdays are fired eggs with sausage links on the side. Weekends are usually ham and cheese omelets with bacon on the side. Every other Sunday we have keto pancakes instead.

Fry bacon, remove bacon. Put bread in rendered bacon fat, put grill press on bread until it's toasted. Fry eggs. Salt the toast, put eggs on top of toast. Cut up eggs, let yolk saturate the toast. You're welcome.

Fry bacon, remove bacon. Put bread in rendered bacon fat, put grill press on bread until it's toasted. Fry eggs. Salt the toast, put eggs on top of toast. Cut up eggs, let yolk saturate the toast. You're welcome.

I suppose it would be a shame to waste all that bacon fat...

Not in checklist format. :)

But duck eggs are much larger. What's the substitution ratio?

Khaki Campbell duck eggs are about the size of a large chicken egg but because they are less domesticated they have a higher white content which makes cakes fluffier.

Back