Transient / Short-term Hangar for a week or two?

ChopAndDrop

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ChopAndDrop
Okay this is a new one for me and I don't even know if this is practical or what is the proper way to ask for this, but...

I'm going to be traveling into Class C airport and be staying there for about 2 weeks. (CHA)
This is the first time I've ever had to leave my plane overnight somewhere.

And I do not want to leave it outside on the ramp.

What is the proper term for just getting a hangar "for a week or two" ?

Do I handle this through the FBO? Ask random people if they have an empty hangar?
I'm not a tenant trying to rent for a month. Just want to keep my plane out of the rain for a week or two.

I will be around and will be flying the plane in&out while I am there, so not just "parking it and walking away for a week until I get back", its just not my home base.

I’m in CHA, so I can try to help. What type of airplane are you flying?

Might want to try FGU or 1A0 rather than CHA.

If a hangar is not available, we have plenty of transient parking at 1A0 so that is always an option, even though it won’t be out of the weather.

I cannot even imagine what they would charge you for a hangar "for a week or two" at CHA. Over here at BGF, we charge $25 a night for small singles & twins. It goes up from there depending on how the footprint of your aircraft fits in our storage hangar vs. the remaining amount of aircraft I can still put in that hangar around you. You'd be better off asking if there was a monthly rate and/or flying in to one of the smaller airports around CHA. Who knows though, maybe Wilson over there has hangar space in abundance.

Thanks for the advice.
Yea,didn’t realize the main Class-C would be really expensive. (Way more than what I pay per-month at my home base Class-C).

I searched the smaller airports nearby, I was able to find a good place to keep the aircraft.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Back