iPad Mini 5 is coming next year

Oh come on I've been waiting over a year now with an ipad mini 2 which is almost too slow to really be useful with foreflight. I finally committed to buying a new ipad even if it had to be a full size after the october announcement.... and now you're telling me I have reason to delay another few months?

ahhh.gif

I just hope they don't make the mini too much of a "budget" item

Just waiting to buy one to install semi-permanent-like on my panel, to use for ForeFlight and Avidyne IFD-100

Looks like Apple is making it cheaper and designating it as the poverty spec iPad. Better for us, I guess. I’ve also read that they’re making the bezels on the regular iPads a lot smaller, so it’ll be interesting to see how those fit on a yoke.
www.t3.com/news/ipad-mini-is-finally-getting-an-upgrade-but-not-at-the-apple-event-next-week

******** WARNING WARNING WARNING ********
This is a RUMOR. Please wait for the Apple event on the 30th for actual information. No actual announcements have occurred, and as a long-time Apple follower, I can tell you that some of the rumors will be true (or at least partially true), and some will be false. (Otherwise, I'd probably be watching an Apple Television and driving an Apple Car by now.)

Oh come on I've been waiting over a year now with an ipad mini 2 which is almost too slow to really be useful with foreflight. I finally committed to buying a new ipad even if it had to be a full size after the october announcement.... and now you're telling me I have reason to delay another few months?

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath past this week. They could theoretically announce a new Mini now or in March (or even April), but how long are you going to wait? If they don't introduce a new Mini then, you might be halfway through the next cycle of non-Mini iPads by then...

I hope the rumors of a USB-C connector are confirmed to be true on Tuesday.

Costco will have reg. Ipad for 250.00 on black Friday

I thought the iPhone Xs and company went to a cable that is USB-C at the charger end, and lightning connector at the phone. I would not be surprised if this is the same way.

I doubt it. Usually that sort of thing happens on the iPhone first, or at least at a similar time. Since they just introduced brand-new iPhones a month ago that don't have USB-C yet, it would be surprising if they did it on the iPads.

The Verge even listed that as "the most unlikely rumor".

That said, Apple is certainly on board with the standard - Their laptops now have nothing but USB-C.

I doubt it. Usually that sort of thing happens on the iPhone first, or at least at a similar time.
Some of that depends on whether Apple views the iPad as a big iPhone or if they view it as a cut down Mac Book these days. They seem to be shifting lately.

That said, I think it’s still “big iPhone” at the moment, but I’d be hedging my bets.

Nothing new, but referenced the iPad Mini 4 as a continuing product.

No mini, just a bunch of fairly minor updates on other stuff

New lineup:

44722289015_56a1c23458.jpg

Nice, but not enough new features and/or speed to make me rush out and order one. If I did it would be the 11-inch Pro, but with cellular that's at least $1,000 or so with tax.

The fact that they kept the iPad Mini 4 in the lineup gives some hope it may be updated someday.

If there's enough demand to sell a 4-year-old iPad for $400, one would think it's getting an update...right? RIGHT?!?!

I was hoping they would keep the 9.7” screen but make the bezel smaller. Look like they kept the size and expanded the screen.

They at least acknowledged the ipad mini exists.... so... that's something.

Once again I'm left with the choice of holding out another few months in hopes that what I really want will come out or buying one of the models I didn't really want but will do the job.

I was also eye rolling pretty hard at the mac mini they announced. They talked about it having 4 and 6 cores as if it's that's a big innovation and then the starting SSD is a soldered in 128GB module and they're asking $799 for that. For that kind of money it should have had at least 256 and really 512 IMO, SSD isn't that expensive anymore and 4-6 cores is just the state of modern CPUs. It's also clear they paid no design attention to it as they retained the round cover/plug thing on the bottom but if you actually look at it there's nothing you can service in there anymore so what was the point?

Wow. Very interesting... And very cool! I like USB-C as a standard. USB-A has been pretty popular since the first iMac came out 20 years ago (Damn, I'm old) and I really look forward to the day that I have no more USB-A in my life and can stop flipping the connector around. :)

It's also clear they paid no design attention to it as they retained the round cover/plug thing on the bottom but if you actually look at it there's nothing you can service in there anymore so what was the point?

You can upgrade the RAM.

Back