Dallas area meet-up?

Dropped a note in North Texas Aviators about these two gatherings. Might have some additional faces show up.

I don't know... Those FB peeps could be a problem. I don't want to have to edit my thoughts to avoid getting ratted out.

For tonight (Monday) at Esparza's, I am going to try to be there by 6:15pm. I'll be wearing a khaki colored short sleeve shirt. Likely somewhere near/around the bar area. If you arrive earlier than that, look for me and wave me over.

For tonight (Monday) at Esparza's, I am going to try to be there by 6:15pm. I'll be wearing a khaki colored short sleeve shirt. Likely somewhere near/around the bar area. If you arrive earlier than that, look for me and wave me over.

Cool - I’ll be there around then as well. Look for the bald dude in a dark blue shirt and jeans.

I've got a "short" call at 5pm. So probably closer to 6:30 for us to arrive. I'll be the guy that looks like me.

Whoever shows up is immediately relieved of being a suspect. Just saying...

Maybe you guys should invite Bryan’s new friend Adam for a friendly and polite discussion on an ASI’s role and responsibilities and how they relate to investigations and enforcement proceedings.

Maybe you guys should invite Bryan’s new friend Adam for a friendly and polite discussion on an ASI’s role and responsibilities and how they relate to investigations and enforcement proceedings.
While I understand the sentiment... I think it's best to not interfere

For those coming to Esparza's and have yet to meet me in person, so you don't know what I look like... PM me for my mobile # so you have it in case you cannot find us.

Just a reminder...for the rest of us hundreds (or thousands) of miles from Dallas and unable to partake:

:needpics:

Great time last night guys! Thanks to @AggieMike88 for putting it together, and thanks to @Ravioli for the ride back to the hotel!

Ughhh we did it yesterday?! I hibernated all day :(

Ughhh we did it yesterday?! I hibernated all day :(
Next round is Wednesday evening, Oct 24, 6:15pm-6:30pm start at Hard 8 BBQ in Coppell.

Should have a good turn out of both PoA and NTA folks.

Likely the simplest way to get there from LockMart or your hotel near Six Flags (without encountering toll roads) is to travel north on HWY 360 around the west side of the big airport. Then join onto HWY 114. Once on HWY 114, stay in right lanes to eventually get on HWY 121 northbound. Then again edge to right lanes to exit Bethel road. Then Bethel Road to Hard 8.

upload_2018-10-23_11-41-55.png
upload_2018-10-23_11-42-52.png

If anyone is looking for more meetup opportunities, I think I'll be at the airshow this weekend at Redbird... can't make it tonight due to another commitment.

I'm planning to be there this evening. Watch for a short, bald Floridian in a blue plaid shirt.
<==== Picture this without the hat, sunglasses, and headset.

I have to back out this evening.

EDI issues abound.

EDI. Ugh.

Today I dodged development on three EDI transactions by pushing them to the biz talk group.

ughhhh I wish I had checked the forum this week at work! Managed to miss 2 meetups!

@Half Fast . . . Any chance you recall the name of the guy sitting next to you?

I made it down mid-week but had a busy schedule and couldn’t make it Wednesday. I noticed Foxnews profiled Hard-8 this week as well. I’m going to try to get up there this weekend.

I made it down mid-week but had a busy schedule and couldn’t make it Wednesday. I noticed Foxnews profiled Hard-8 this week as well. I’m going to try to get up there this weekend.

Figures. They keep chasing me around, and I keep ducking them.

Hard 8 now has three locations in the Greater DFW area: Coppell, Roanoke, The Colony. The last one being the youngest of these.

I point this out since with BBQ Pits, they are like the old iron skillet of cookware. The new one doesn't impart the same depth of flavor like the one that Great Great Grandma passed down through the family. In my opinion, the newer ones at The Colony and Roanoke don't taste as good as the older and well used pits at Coppell.

The best of their locations is in Stephenville, TX. A short walk from the ramp area of KSEP.

One thing important to mention for the Coppell Location is the parking situation.... in a word, it really sucks. It might be enough spaces for them to meet local ordinances and codes, but it is no way enough to meet the demand during peak times. I arrived there at 6:15pm on Wednesday and got one of the last few spots down on the far east end. All other folks arriving were circling like it was the mall on black friday.

Best thing is to enter in the middle area and head immediately toward the east end. Or arrive closer to 8:00pm when most of the rush is already gone.

upload_2018-10-26_16-41-25.png

Hard 8 now has three locations in the Greater DFW area: Coppell, Roanoke, The Colony. The last one being the youngest of these.

I point this out since with BBQ Pits, they are like the old iron skillet of cookware. The new one doesn't impart the same depth of flavor like the one that Great Great Grandma passed down through the family. In my opinion, the newer ones at The Colony and Roanoke don't taste as good as the older and well used pits at Coppell.

The best of their locations is in Stephenville, TX. A short walk from the ramp area of KSEP.

One thing important to mention for the Coppell Location is the parking situation.... in a word, it really sucks. It might be enough spaces for them to meet local ordinances and codes, but it is no way enough to meet the demand during peak times. I arrived there at 6:15pm on Wednesday and got one of the last few spots down on the far east end. All other folks arriving were circling like it was the mall on black friday.

Best thing is to enter in the middle area and head immediately toward the east end. Or arrive closer to 8:00pm when most of the rush is already gone.

View attachment 68453
A short walk from the ramp at KSEP? Why would you walk when they come pick you up from the airport?!

All this talk of the Hard 8. I had to check the history.

@AggieMike88 is actually correct that KSEP is the original. Seems they bought the Brady, TX location 6 months later, which was managed by the parents who lived there. When they were gone (or done working) they closed it up.

I had that bit of trivia backwards.

Why would you walk when they come pick you up from the airport?!
1. Stretch your legs after flying
2. Enjoy the nice weather
3. Increases hunger and stomach room for good food

I remember the golf carts before folks abused their presence by not following the posted rules.

Back