Swallowed or inhaled?

T

tubeconfusion

I'm not looking for medical advice; "Riders, dismount your (high) horse!" Just wondering if anyone had this experience; or seen the resultant dead bodies.
So, there I was driving down the highway with a tickle in my throat, so I popped a Halls (the oval kind) and continued texting er conscientious monitoring of my driving environment.
I got the lozenge all smooth and slick then.....

over the tongue it went, unrequested, unbidden even!

Only thing is, I cannot say where it went.
I did not have a normal swallow reflex (bad).
I did not cough up a storm, I did not even feel a tickle. (good)
I was ready to pull over in anticipation of possible paroxyms - but nothing happened so I drove home.
At home, I inverted myself over a sofa and had a willing participant coupage my spinal area without result. I ate dinner. I feel fine.
I know people can inhale all sorts of crap and not know it.
However I'm pretty certain they are not going to see this on a radiograph.
In any case, my hospital will kill me cutting me open to look for something when it is not even there or not even a problem.

Heard of similar?

D54F8409-8541-4849-AA40-CF842AE1B9BC.gif

When I was a kid the family dog wasn't feeling well so the parental units took her to the vet. An x-ray revealed some unusual growths in her stomach so they operated to remove them. Turns out they were triangular pepto bismals and had dissolved. However, the damage had been done and she died shortly thereafter.

Funny the things you remember from childhood. If it ain't broke...

I'm pretty sure you need to contact Dr. Bruce or Dr. Lou and self-ground until your SI comes through.

If it went into your lungs you would know it instantly. It was swallowed and dissolved in your stomach. It's mostly sugar.

I'm not looking for medical advice; "Riders, dismount your (high) horse!" Just wondering if anyone had this experience; or seen the resultant dead bodies.
So, there I was driving down the highway with a tickle in my throat, so I popped a Halls (the oval kind) and continued texting er conscientious monitoring of my driving environment.
I got the lozenge all smooth and slick then.....

over the tongue it went, unrequested, unbidden even!

Only thing is, I cannot say where it went.
I did not have a normal swallow reflex (bad).
I did not cough up a storm, I did not even feel a tickle. (good)
I was ready to pull over in anticipation of possible paroxyms - but nothing happened so I drove home.
At home, I inverted myself over a sofa and had a willing participant coupage my spinal area without result. I ate dinner. I feel fine.
I know people can inhale all sorts of crap and not know it.
However I'm pretty certain they are not going to see this on a radiograph.
In any case, my hospital will kill me cutting me open to look for something when it is not even there or not even a problem.

Heard of similar?

It’s called foreign body inhalation. There’s only three places it can go: Lungs, stomach, pharyngeal passage.

Two of three areas it’ll dissolve and you’ll be done with it. The third can suck.

It’s most likely you ingested it.

My wife x-rayed a guy who was nailing overhead. Had a nail between his lips. Reached up to drive one home and the nail in his mouth disappeared. He was not concerned and had no symptoms & although he knew it was not on the floor and not in his clothing, he couldn't be sure where it went. Just to be extra cautious he went in. Nail down the trachea with ZERO symptoms. Extracted under general by endoscopy.
Don't assume coughing or discomfort or distress will follow foreign body inhalation. You may NOT know it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back