Plane lands on freeway in El Cajon

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Looks like a Cherokee variant of some sort, looks like it's in one piece and didn't take out any cars. Nice job.

(Watching it on Facebook Live from our local NBC affiliate - Got a notification from them.)

CFI and student, reported engine trouble, no damage to the plane or any cars. BZ.

Nice, another successful emergency landing.

Well come by student and instructor. Perfect outcome!

Right in my backyard too.

I know if a plane landed in front of me on the freeway, I'd pass it while it's still moving, on the right.

Love the vertical video . . . . Not!

Great landing, though. Have to wonder how far he went before stopping, there really was nowhere to pull off.

Ugh... Kid in the back of the car.
Mom and Dad: "holy F****ng ****! OMFG! Holy ****!"

AND teaching the kid it is okay to film vertically.
I blame phone manufacturers on the portrait mode orientation. They could easily crop it to landscape. And I blame the parents for the situation in which the kids will likely end up. Not the best vocabulary expansion.

I blame phone manufacturers on the portrait mode orientation. They could easily crop it to landscape. And I blame the parents for the situation in which the kids will likely end up. Not the best vocabulary expansion.

These parents are going to make it easier for my kids to be successful.

And THAT is how kids grow up to eat Tide Pods…..
Mz9ARoB.png

I think that woman was channeling a master chief I used to know, although I still think he wins in swear words per sentence.

Why is he driving so slow in the left lane? :)

Seriously I’m sure he’s trying to stay out of people’s way as much as he can but I’d be smack center of the middle lane if i had to put it down on a highway. Average lane is 12’ wide, 3 lanes is 36’ and I got a 35’ wingspan. I’m goin center center fo sho, and I don’t care if lil bubba is cursing or not!

Never understood why people feel it is necessary to inject profanity into each sentence. Severe lack of intelligence.?? Makes them feel grown up.??

As to the landing..... great job.!!!

Never understood why people feel it is necessary to inject profanity into each sentence. Severe lack of intelligence.?? Makes them feel grown up.??

As to the landing..... great job.!!!

I do because that’s the way I speak.

But I’m also not intelligent so you may be right.

Why crop? Just rotate the phone 90 degrees before recording the video.
The kids use their phones in portrait mode 99% of the time; no sense in retraining them. Heck, no value and no chance, either.

Saw it on the news. One of the pilots, probably CFI, was wearing captain’s bars. Always makes me shake my head.

Saw it on the news. One of the pilots, probably CFI, was wearing captain’s bars. Always makes me shake my head.

I was sitting at Flagstaff once. Really nice day so I was sitting out side. There were 5 business jets, not small ones, sitting on the ramp, and one C-182.

Four folks walked out the door, 2 dressed as pilots, sharply creased slacks, white shirt, black tie and shoulder boards. I started guessing which jet they were going to take.

They got into the 182......

Agree with everyone about having enough brains to rotate the phone. It is easier to hold the phone vertically for filming.

I wish the phone companies you rotate the camera 90º it would alleviate the issue and make it more ergonomic.

The CFI as a PIC missed his exit. Great job landing though. Student got a very realistic "emergency landing" lesson.

I like how the article made a point of reminding us that both men in the plane were trying to land at Gillespie Field. Cuz normally two people in a plane really don’t want to go to the same place?

Back