Trump screwing up the airspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump flying into Mesa Gateway today screwing up the airspace. Even my RAdio control RC club notified me no fly for two days.

Sheezzz go home Trump.

He’s the President. Your area is not the only area he visits.

It’s election season,sooner or later most pilots will be effected.

My write in candidates....

5916c573a5e3de30424d289b4a376087.jpg

NBTW, it's the Secret Service messing up your airspace just as it is for any President.

The one and only reason I’m glad the current president is president is that he hates California and rarely visit here.

This was not the case for his predecessor.

Glad I don’t live in North Jersey anymore. Seems to be TFRd all the time now. And I thought the once or twice a year TFR on the Cape was bad during Obama.

So he is holding a rally in Elko, NV this Saturday and the TFR is only for 3 hours. I thought these things were much more extensive....

Well, technically the Secret Service is messing up your airspace and it has been going on for decades.

I once sat at MKE for 8 hours while AF1 came and went. At least I was in the bar. Shrug

Well, technically the Secret Service is messing up your airspace and it has been going on for decades.

I once sat at MKE for 8 hours while AF1 came and went. At least I was in the bar. Shrug
2 words could fix this...."executive order"

Maybe. The point is the secret service creates the TFR, not the president...whoever is president. A president could request that it not be done and the secret service might figure out other arrangements. They will work to accomadate a president’s request, but there are limits.

Consider that most presidents are not aviation literate. Many probably had no idea of the impact presidential travel has on us.

Meh. I'm up in Lantana which is under the Palm Beach inner core of the TFR and and he was coming down here once a month earlier in the year. Not lately as I guess he has a lot on his plate.

Having been deeply involved in DoD and NSSS airspace security from 9/11 thru ~ 2010, both in the US and foreign countries, USSS has gotten a lot better at translating their protection mission requirements into as little disruption as necessary for US general aviation.

I’ve seen them weld pothole covers down several days in advance, and they don’t break the weld when they leave.

I’ve watched the White House Communications Agency trash a hotel worse than any rock band (but not worse than a certain foreign government that used a bathtub to cook a whole goat on a bed of charcoal) and leave it for contractors to come repair.

I’m not saying whether it’s right or wrong, but GA disruption is a minor annoyance compared to some of the stuff I’ve seen.

(but not worse than a certain foreign government that used a bathtub to cook a whole goat on a bed of charcoal) and leave it for contractors to come repair.

I’ve eaten goat, pretty good. Of course I thought I was eating beef until afterwards when my host told me it was goat. No worse than some of that shet I ate in Korea.

1C7D97DA-CD0B-494E-BF40-9EC72FAFB340.png

This TFR B.S. went into high gear with Bush. I guess it's been around long enough now that most of you simply accept it. You shouldn't. Instead of bitching about it only when it affects your freedom, why not pitch a real ***** and try to get it gone? Can't do it can you? Camel already in the tent.

I hated TFRs when Bush, Obama, and now Trump flew. So it is not a partisan issue though it is easier for some folks to be a hater when it’s the other party’s guy doing the flying. I do wish though that they’d have some realization of their impact on others and help to mitigate it. Unfortunately they all seem oblivious or selfish.

He’s the President. Your area is not the only area he visits.
Yep. I have friends at KMMU where he spends half the friggin' summer. Nightmare for anyone with a plane there.

I hated TFRs when Bush, Obama, and now Trump flew. So it is not a partisan issue though it is easier for some folks to be a hater when it’s the other party’s guy doing the flying. I do wish though that they’d have some realization of their impact on others and help to mitigate it. Unfortunately they all seem oblivious or selfish.
Nobody has abused them to the extent this guy has. And you know he doesn't give a damn. I disliked President Bush something fierce, but he went to friggin El Paso every weekend. Who cares? Trump shuts down one of the two busiest airspaces in the nation every damn weekend so he can play golf. It's unreal.

This TFR B.S. went into high gear with Bush. I guess it's been around long enough now that most of you simply accept it. You shouldn't. Instead of bitching about it only when it affects your freedom, why not pitch a real ***** and try to get it gone? Can't do it can you? Camel already in the tent.

“Freedom”....not sure that word means what you think.

You suggest AF1 should right in there mixing it up with everyone else? I just don’t see that happening. We will get rid of the TSA before we get rid of TFRs.

The good news is we are free of these vapid "The guy I hate is CAUSING another TFR" threads for a day or two.

Not to worry, he'll schedule another rally, and there will be another TFR, and another BS thread about it.

[Secretly encoded message: Just shut the **** up about the VIP TFR's already. They ain't going away, regardless of your opinion of the VIP de jour]

Technically you can. Perhaps you meant you won't.

Having been deeply involved in DoD and NSSS airspace security from 9/11 thru ~ 2010, both in the US and foreign countries, USSS has gotten a lot better at translating their protection mission requirements into as little disruption as necessary for US general aviation.

I’ve seen them weld pothole covers down several days in advance, and they don’t break the weld when they leave.

I’ve watched the White House Communications Agency trash a hotel worse than any rock band (but not worse than a certain foreign government that used a bathtub to cook a whole goat on a bed of charcoal) and leave it for contractors to come repair.

I’m not saying whether it’s right or wrong, but GA disruption is a minor annoyance compared to some of the stuff I’ve seen.

You know, our country once had a revolution over such stupid crap like this. Just lie the military industrial complex that it springs from, this security crap is out of control. Let me guess, they can commandeer your house, board their soldiers, trash the place and leave you with the tab. Our founding fathers were inspired by this kind of behavior to bother to write an amendment to the constitution.

We had two TFRs today around Jal NM that went from surface to 35 ft AGL.
These things could get out of hand.

Nobody has abused them to the extent this guy has. And you know he doesn't give a damn. I disliked President Bush something fierce, but he went to friggin El Paso every weekend. Who cares? Trump shuts down one of the two busiest airspaces in the nation every damn weekend so he can play golf. It's unreal.

Everything is unreal right now. The world is in transition and a little unhinged. Time to be concerned about what to do personally.

Actually, as this topic always ends, it's time for a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back