RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Anyone playing?

CNBC says you have better odds of getting elected president, than you do of winning this drawing.

If I win, I’ll more than likely splurge and go buy myself a new RC airplane!

:)

Good thing I didn’t buy a ticket...if I won, I’d have to buy myself the presidency.

If I win, I'll remodel the house, buy new furniture, put in a pool and hot tub, maybe a tennis court so my wife will be comfortable while I sail around the world alone.

Anyone playing?

CNBC says you have better odds of getting elected president, than you do of winning this drawing.

:)

Good to know. If I win I'm gonna run for president. :D

If you win ,just imagine all the airplane brokers,salespeople ,you could tweek,at air shows.

I wasted $180 on it.

Will update results for the net proceeds.

But if I win... won't impact any of your lives anyway. heheheehhehheheehehhehehehheehee

I flew up to Memphis today and got my tickets. Can't win if you don't play and I realize the odds but still..someone has to win!

I guess if I won this drawing, it’d somewhat relieve the disappointment of not winning the various airplane sweepstakes the past few years. I might even be able to buy a plane or two, a hangar or two, or even an airfield or two.

And lots of beer. I like beer.

a bit of diversion, and a likely lock:

Wings of Hope - 25 or 50 per ticket, people give (spend) ~$250. Money goes to a good cause.

The lottery? $3 per ticket. People spend XXX. Money goes to waste.

Only the winners win in either scenario.

If I win, I'm going to set up a bunch of dummy accounts and use them to buy all the tickets for the next Wings of Hope raffle to make sure I'll actually win it!

If I win, I'm going to set up a bunch of dummy accounts and use them to buy all the tickets for the next Wings of Hope raffle to make sure I'll actually win it!

Or you could just buy a POS like they raffle for half the cost and use the rest for gas.

Actually, I think I'll just buy a round trip ticket to the moon.
Why stop there? SpaceX will take you Mars.
BTW, I already bought the winning ticket. Hope I don’t have to split it, because I really need a billion dollars. Future ex wives are expensive ;) that, and supporting my extended family’s bad habits. Come to think of it, winning will probably be more trouble than it’s worth.

So at a billion dollars, how much do you actually wind up with on the cash option? Like 300 million?

So at a billion dollars, how much do you actually wind up with on the cash option? Like 300 million?
That’s what they were saying. Taxes would end up getting about 600 million or thereabouts. Still wouldn’t make for a bad payday.

My wife put in $1.

When we win my wife is going to toss me a suitcase so I can start packing. "Where are we going?", I'll ask. "I don't care where you go", she'll say, "I just won a billion dollars!"

15, 23, 53, 65, 70; Mega Ball 7

Not it.

How did it get so big? Because nobody has won it.

If I win...DC-3, DC-6, DC-7, DC-9, B727, MD-80, MD-11 and a Piper Cub. And about 500 Acres in Texas where I will build my modest house, runway and hangars

That’s what they were saying. Taxes would end up getting about 600 million or thereabouts. Still wouldn’t make for a bad payday.
No, taxes don't take 600 million. The billion is based on the "principal" buying an annuity that pays out over 30 years. The lump sum is what they would use to buy the annuity, and it's typically a half to a third of the published jackpot, depending on the financial markets. They publish the bigger number because, well, it's a bigger number.

Won $2 WooHoo!!!! Next Jackpot estimated at $1.6B with a cash payout of $904M

Back