Am I reading this right??

Owner probably wants to get the money they put into it back from looking at the photos. Seems a "bit" much a 172.

But it has the 160 hp upgrade.!!!

I haven't flown a 172 in over 20 years. I don't know if I could fly one with anything more than the basic instruments.

It IS a nice avionics stack, but the stack isn’t worth a $80,000 premium.

Maybe around 70?

For that price, a GTN750 and HSI is needed. Put that in an R model and then maybe the price. Fairly recent engine overhaul, so that helps.

I don't know if I could fly one with anything more than the basic instruments.
You just really have to stay ahead of the airplane. It can get away from you in a flash!

;)

Nice plane for a 172. I haven't priced 172s in about 3 years, but it sounds more like what I was seeing for 182s. $129k is more than I paid for the Bonanza and its upgrades.

Good luck to the seller. If he get's this price, I might get $200k for my Bo.

Somebody took a $40,000 airplane and dumped $90,000 into panel, paint, and interior, and is looking to recoup their money. Doesn't work that way.

The paint looks crap to me.
Yeah it’s nothing special. It does have some nice gadgets in there, but the panel looks odd IMO. Too much empty space.

The upgrades that are installed are not even that pricey. $75-78k at the very most.

Nice panel for a 160 hp Skyhawk. Wish the seller luck with a sale.

Hi.
I think the whole market has gone nuts. The actual truth is that none are selling, they look at the adds, which are overinflated to begin with, and add 30-40% but I've only seen a couple of them sell, and they were no where near what this is, it may take another life time before it gets sold. I wish them luck.

Prices may be on the rise, but is this seller out of his mind or what?

$129k for a ‘73 172M

That's insane. There is a bitchin' 182 on controller right now for 100K...also some really nice Bos in the same price range.

This guy is a raging lunatic. You can buy a beautiful, fast, Mooney for that money. Why you would pay that to putz around in a 172 is beyond me.

This guy is a raging lunatic. You can buy a beautiful, fast, Mooney for that money. Why you would pay that to putz around in a 172 is beyond me.

Mooney??? Why would you bey a Mooney for that kind of money :D
You can pick up a good Stearman or Pitts for that kind of money :cool:

:yikes:
For that much money the advertisement would have to start with something like this:
"The only certified turbine powered C-172M in America!"
Then I might look at the ad.

The Wildblue site says it's sold...wonder what the final price was?

The Wildblue site says it's sold...wonder what the final price was?
Hey, that gives me a good idea.

Next time I want to sell an airplane and a couple of Kilos of cocaine I will just put the coke in the back of the plane and sell it for a "package price". I'll report the taxable profit and all will be good with the IRS.
(Hey NSA, that was a joke!).

AND... he cheaped out on the panel. Looks like he went for an SL-40 instead of a SL-30 and second CDI.

[Ravioli runs away]

With 6,000 flight hours? Smok’n crack.

Back