Seeking part 141 IFR training course traversing the USA

Leo-POA

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Leo-POA
Anyone know where I can find the following?
High quality airplane, Glass cockpit 172 or such & Great instructor
School having Part 141 training and I20 for visa
Accelerated course - 2 -3 weeks
Starting on one coast and crossing the USA to the other side, where I would hopefully do my check ride and get my IFR rating.
Reasonable prices.

Is this a realistic dream or totally impractical?

Anyhow my first post here, and hopeful of helpful comments.

I can’t really help you out, but I have some questions.

Why 141? I am not sure a 141 program would be flexible enough to do what you want. I would think part 61 would be the way to go. Doing a Cross Country cross country would give you more than enough hours, I would think.

How do you envision getting the airplane back to it’s starting point? Or would you plan to end up where you started for your check ride?

What you want to do is totally reasonable if you can find the right instructor with the time and exclusive use of a plane for that period of time.

Hello Greg, thank you for your reply. I don't have the 50 hrs XC that seems to be a prerequisite of most part 61 flight schools. Also most part 61 schools are not registered to handle international students and the visa, hence I was seeking part 141. I was just planning one way, I have never flown across the US and have no idea how long it would take. I was just thinking that if I need to do @ 40 hours flight training, and if the average speed was 110 kts, that would be about 5,000 miles. Hence instead of going in circles for 5,000 miles I could go the 3,000 or so and cross the USA. Perhaps the school could find another adventurous student to fly the return and do their IFR along the way.
The only thing I found online so far is a simulated version from Fly 8 MA.

Thank you Rob, I have sent them and enquiry. :)

Part 141 schools are very rigidly monitored by the FAA. There is a lot of paperwork involved with changing 141 schools, even within the same FAA region. I can't imagine how the FAA would handle a trainee jumping from one region to another....even an adjacent region.

Your plan will not work.

Bob

Doubt it that idea will work out for you. Better to find a school and get it done there, all of it. 61 or 141, doesn’t matter.

A cross country sightseeing tour of the US while using a view limiting device sounds like a marvelous idea. Why didn't I think of this?

Good luck ,you have a lot of variables,going get get complicated.

Back