Dallas area meet-up?

Half Fast

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Half Fast
I'll be in Grand Prairie next week and would love to connect with a few forum members. AggieMike has suggest Hard 8 BBQ in Coppell. Wednesday evening seems best, say around 7:00?

Anyone up for an evening of BBQ and BS?

:)

I'll be in Grand Prairie next week and would love to connect with a few forum members. AggieMike has suggest Hard 8 BBQ in Coppell. Wednesday evening seems best, say around 7:00?

Anyone up for an evening of BBQ and BS?

:)
what dates?

If you are going to do hard 8 - fly to KSEP 30 minutes southwest, have Hard8 pick you up, eat there then fly back to KGPM.

what dates?
Wednesday evening the 24th.

If you are going to do hard 8 - fly to KSEP 30 minutes southwest, have Hard8 pick you up, eat there then fly back to KGPM.
Normally I would agree with you. But time constraints and doing this in the evening, and the long term weather guesser saying continued rain and possible IMC make driving to Coppell a better decision.

Plus we can drink the beer that Mark referenced. (And is gonna get billed for)

I'm in.... but suggest 6:30 start time if possible to permit more time for the story tellin.

I’ll do my best. Sorta depends on when I can leave the office. What’s the drive time like from Grand Prairie in the evening?

Anyone around on Monday (22nd)? I’ll be bumming around the DFW Westin that afternoon/evening if someone is up for a beer!

Monday is equally doable for me, and it's a short Uber from your hotel to Hard 8.

What say the others?

I’ll do my best. Sorta depends on when I can leave the office. What’s the drive time like from Grand Prairie in the evening?
Between LockMart in GP and Coppell? Maybe 20 min at most

Monday is equally doable for me, and it's a short Uber from your hotel to Hard 8.

What say the others?
I may or may not work for a major DFW employer so DFW airport area is swell.

Also I’ll take 14 lone stars. I’m cheap but have to stay hydrated

Anyone around on Monday (22nd)? I’ll be bumming around the DFW Westin that afternoon/evening if someone is up for a beer!
Yes... send coordinates and meeting time around 6:30-7:00pm

Heh! I don’t get to choose where we stay, unfortunately. :)

I can Uber anywhere, so if someone nails down a spot and time, I’m game! Hard 8 sounds gooooooood....

I work a block from there so potentially available depending on kids' schedules.

I might be in, I’ll know better after the weekend.

@SixPapaCharlie - How far away is the Mexican place we did a meet-up at once? I recall liking it, and two trips to Hard8 in a single week is a bit excessive. It would make them MEAT-ups. <- that thars a funny one.

Wish I could make it, unfortunately, somebody has to work to keep our operation afloat....:(

@SixPapaCharlie - How far away is the Mexican place we did a meet-up at once? I recall liking it, and two trips to Hard8 in a single week is a bit excessive. It would make them MEAT-ups. <- that thars a funny one.
That place is in Grapevine, called Esparzas. (https://goo.gl/maps/q6dXR7yW5Un)

And for Ed (Half Fast), it would be a similar drive time from where he is staying near Six Flags. And for Kayoh, about 10 minute drive from the Westin on hwy 114 just NE of the big airport.

So how about Esparza's on Monday evening... meeting about 6:45pm to 7:00pm

Then Hard 8 in Coppell on Wednesday evening, same meeting time?

Tuesday and Thursday, I have my CFI-A class at KADS, so committed to that on those nights

Then Hard 8 in Coppell on Wednesday evening, same meeting time?

Tuesday and Thursday, I have my CFI-A class at KADS, so committed to that on those nights

Can’t make Mon but I plan to be there Wed.

Sounds good to me. I might roll in a little earlier (6ish) and pregame with a margarita, but I’ll be there. ;)

Wish I could make it, unfortunately, somebody has to work to keep our operation afloat....:(

Keeping things afloat in North Texas shouldn’t be much of a problem right now.

I’m game for a meet or meat up

Keeping things afloat in North Texas shouldn’t be much of a problem right now.

I’m game for a meet or meat up
We get anymore of this rain, we may need to put Ruby on floats

I knew there was some death component. All I could come up with was something like grave digger, but I knew that wasn’t it. :)

My standard warning on Hard 8 - everything is going to look good. If you order what you think you want, it will be way too much. Practice restraint.

Otherwise, wish I was in Dallas instead of Kentucky next week.

Back