Don't forget the Rans Aircraft.

dalealan

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
dalealan
Check out the Rans family on their web site or on Barnstormers. Several different designs and configurations.

There was a Rans Raven at 6y9 last time - I was quite impressed with a lot of the design features.

I think the fine folks at RANS are suggesting we do something naughty. The list the S-21 Outbound as available as an SLSA with an O-340, empty weight 985 lbs, with a (wink) gross of 1320, but a safe gross weight of 1800 lbs, which just happens to be the maximum suggested weight if built as an EAB.

View attachment 68206 Or you can be cool like me and get a airbike
Here in Michigan, it would be more than cool, it would be downright cold!

As far as Rans is concerned, I've always wanted an S9...I see used ones cheap but they are all 2 strokes, and I've always promised myself I'd never fly behind a smoker engine.

My former boss has been building an S-7 for years, opted for the Jabiru 3300. He’s finally at the point of putting things together for the last time. I think the build started in 2009 or so, but he moved and there’s that whole life thing.

As far as Rans is concerned, I've always wanted an S9...I see used ones cheap but they are all 2 strokes, and I've always promised myself I'd never fly behind a smoker engine.
With it's quirky oil system, I would seriously think twice before flying aerobatics with a Rotax 4 stroke. It's done, but, yea. Just doesn't seem to be a good idea.

With it's quirky oil system, I would seriously think twice before flying aerobatics with a Rotax 4 stroke. It's done, but, yea. Just doesn't seem to be a good idea.

Rotax suggests you not use a 912 for aerobatics, so he'd have to choose something else.

The 582 is a pretty decent engine for that kind of local flying, I wouldn't be afraid of it.

I have a Skyreach Bushcat and love it!
34c581a412ee7ef433fbffb46fcedc16.jpg

Back