this is it...the idea that's gonna make eman RICH

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
and we'll all be able to get rid of those pesky seatbelts and annoying shoulder belts as well...…….

Velcro seats and a Velcro flight suit! WOOHOO! shark tank look out!

currently looking for aerobatic test pilots.

I really hope this idea sticks...………….

Did I just read eman has sticky car seats?

I thought you were gonna say "Sell the Mooney and pocket the annual operating expenses."

But you're smarter than that. You'd just spend it on hookers and blow...

That’s cow tank. Entirely different show altogether.

What about this show?
latest

And here I am thinking eman is so snugged into that little Mooney there's not enough wiggle room to need seat belts...

So there is an urban legend that one of the big 3 evaluated using Velcro to mount bumpers on cars to speed up assembly. On their test cars, they had installed bolts as a back up to catch the bumpers in case the Velcro failed. Allegedly when they went in, the nuts and bolts that were the backup fasteners had rattled loose and fallen out, but the Velcro was still holding the bumpers in place. If true, what happened? Why did this never make it into production? Did the NTSB kill it? Did bonding the Velcro to the parts prove to be worse than just using the bolts? Inquiring minds want to know.

But closer to topic, it seems to me that myth busters did a test to try to replace seat belts with duct tape. My recollection is that they did not match the survivability until they had basically mummied the dummy to the seatbelt with several rolls of tape. The rest is left as an exercise for the student.

It's night currency season. How about you start up a business applying "aviation grade, FAA approved, certificated" glow-in-the-dark paint to instrument panels?

It's night currency season. How about you start up a business applying "aviation grade, FAA approved, certificated" glow-in-the-dark paint to instrument panels?

I like it! gotta figure out the red led version of this and it's pure gold!

While you’re pitching great ideas with Velcro, tell them to put hooks on wheels and loops on runways. No more need for brakes.... save oodles of fuel on reverse thrusters.....

While you’re pitching great ideas with Velcro, tell them to put hooks on wheels and loops on runways. No more need for brakes.... save oodles of fuel on reverse thrusters.....
Make sure you standardize. If you go to Canada and they put hooks on runways you'd be hosed :eek:

The so-called block “black box” is designed to survive a plane crash. So why don’t they make planes out of the same material?

:idea:

You think the shoulder harness is a pain, wait till you find it takes 40 lbs of force to lean forward to reach the radio. And a flight crew to peel you out of the plane. What if you sit down just a bit wrong and have to stay there the while flight? How to you turn around to back hand the kids?

Back