St Barths anybody?

If she is who I think she is, she's long gone.
Tradewind is pretty dang far from typical of the area gig. It's by far the best gig in SJU.

Yeah, I don't know what her status is these days but it wouldn't surprise me her pivoting quickly in this hiring environment having both the mil and female boxes checked.

As to TW itself, nothing meant by it, no dog in that fight. I should clarify I meant my comments in general for part 135 in the area, didn't mean only that outfit. I have no reason to doubt your comparison of the place.

Every time I watch that overrun video I'm hoping that maybe THIS is the time that he decides to go around. Never happens ;)

Yeah, I don't know what her status is these days but it wouldn't surprise me her pivoting quickly in this hiring environment having both the mil and female boxes checked.

As to TW itself, nothing meant by it, no dog in that fight. I should clarify I meant my comments in general for part 135 in the area, didn't mean only that outfit. I have no reason to doubt your comparison of the place.

If we are talking about the same person, she's at Endeavor now. There was another girl who ticks those boxes, she found a unicorn 91 job in FL.
Yeah, TW is in a class of it's own in the area. There are guys there who will be there until retirement. It's a career gig if you can handle the island time issues.
Easily making 6 figures working 4 days a week. Great equipment, well run company, and hardly any abuse by scheduling.

If we are talking about the same person, she's at Endeavor now. There was another girl who ticks those boxes, she found a unicorn 91 job in FL.
Yeah, TW is in a class of it's own in the area. There are guys there who will be there until retirement. It's a career gig if you can handle the island time issues.
Easily making 6 figures working 4 days a week. Great equipment, well run company, and hardly any abuse by scheduling.
ill take it to PM.

Last edited:
PIC starts at 60k + per diem and the usual benefits. Paid as a salary so hours flown don't matter. 4-3 schedule. With the usual amount of per diem, overtime and overnights, you should pretty easily hit 80k first year. Any work on a day off pays $600 for a PIC. Plenty of overtime available during the high season.
$20k annual bonus after 2 years as PIC + 5k/year raise. Top at $85k base + $20k bonus so $105k + per diem etc.
Some captains in SJU make easy $130k a year.

N-reg planes based in TJSJ so it's all under FAA.
That sounds fantastic. They'd have to throw me out of the plane.

I was there in July, and much debris remained but had been pushed into piles. Many businesses remained shuttered or flattened.
It was doing pretty well all things considered in August. A lot of the resorts are still closed, but we don't go there anyway. Many of the smaller local places were open, beaches were great, restaurants were the same. I think overall it's done well, particularly compared to SXM.

As Mtuomi said, First year captains easily make about 80K and after a couple of years, you should be way above 120K a year.
Schedule is pretty good, Little to none night flying so you're always on the ground before sunset and airborne after sunrise most likely.

Heres another video from couple days ago while doing a Part 91 leg.

The view and color were better on this video, giving a good look both inside and outside the cockpit. It was nice to see you flying over home turf/water.

As Mtuomi said, First year captains easily make about 80K and after a couple of years, you should be way above 120K a year.
Schedule is pretty good, Little to none night flying so you're always on the ground before sunset and airborne after sunrise most likely.

Subscribed. Dude, that is the LIFE!

I gotta admit, I had to look up tradewinds. I didn't recognize the name, and Ive seen just about everything that we work at ZSU, so I was a little baffled. didn't realize it was GPD! that makes more sense now!

I gotta admit, I had to look up tradewinds. I didn't recognize the name, and Ive seen just about everything that we work at ZSU, so I was a little baffled. didn't realize it was GPD! that makes more sense now!

ZSU sounds like you're ATC? I must have talked to you many times then :)
"Goodspeed 107, starting VFR descent".

ZSU sounds like you're ATC? I must have talked to you many times then :)
"Goodspeed 107, starting VFR descent".

I just got here a few months ago. I’m still pretty early in my training, but yeah, good speed was one of the first callsigns they taught us

Welcome to the Caribbean I guess? lol.. We are about to start the high season soon! What are you working on ZSU? CTR or APP/DEP?

Goodspeed!

Welcome to the Caribbean I guess? lol.. We are about to start the high season soon! What are you working on ZSU? CTR or APP/DEP?

Goodspeed!

Haha, thanks. I got here in August. Im on Center side. Im looking forward to seeing just how busy it gets next month!

Back