Pax may have KO'd pilot, causing fatal DHC2 crash

Knocked out the pilot with his arm, accidentally, while taking pictures...um no.

bulls*cough*hit

I wonder how’d they come to that conclusion??

I suppose, maybe, if the photog had a big lens and whipped it around at just the right moment and hit the pilot square in the nose or something. It takes a pretty good amount of force to knock someone out.

Seems like a pretty far-fetched conclusion without an autopsy. For some reason they're waiting for the accident report before an autopsy? Seems more likely that the pilot had a brain hemmorage or something than that he was accidentally knocked out by a passenger taking pictures.

I suppose, maybe, if the photog had a big lens and whipped it around at just the right moment and hit the pilot square in the nose or something. It takes a pretty good amount of force to knock someone out.

Seems like a pretty far-fetched conclusion without an autopsy. For some reason they're waiting for the accident report before an autopsy? Seems more likely that the pilot had a brain hemmorage or something than that he was accidentally knocked out by a passenger taking pictures.
In AK we took a flight seeing trip around Denali in a Beaver. I was in the front seat. If I would have tried to point out something quickly, *maybe* I could have whacked the pilot in the head. I don't think the pax behind the pilot could have reached him without releasing the seatbelt, so *maybe* a pax was unrestrained and clipped him with an elbow while trying to get a better look at something?

Dunno.

Ever get cracked in the head by a dog jumping up or swinging around.? I suppose it possible passenger could have turned quickly and just hit pilot in right spot. Glass jaw moment. U watch those UFC fighters and they can take a beating and all of a sudden a glancing blow across chin puts them to sleep.
Sucky way to go. God bless

I wonder how they figured that out? I wouldn't say it is impossible. My favored camera weights over 2 pounds, without a lens, so one could get a bit of momentum behind it. If that's the way it happened, it was a one-in-a-million hit. OTOH, I don't really wave it around such that I'd hit something else with my arm.

Back