Wanted: Club Membership Club membership or Fast 5 or 6 seater to rent?

Viperfixr

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Viperfixr
I would like access to a fast 5/6 seat aircraft near Milwaukee, WI. My family consists of my wife and 3 kids. Our longest venture would probably be about 600nm, mostly Midwest flying(no mountain crossings). My
limited search has me interested in Bonanza or 5-Seat Cirrus. Open to other options. Let me hear your ideas!

I'm in the 3-kid situation myself, but not in a position to buy in on a whole-family-hauler right now. Currently limited to the 172s at the Westosha Flying Club (now located at ENW). Tuning in to see if/how this works out for you. Good luck.

Budget plays a big part of this....... what capitol are you bringing in?

Unit74,

In the past I was a member of a flying club at $100/yr, $40/mo, and $50 an hour dry for a DA40. It was great for me and a buddy to punch holes in the sky but nothing I’d want to put my family in for CCs. Needless to say that club has dissolved but for the price I almost couldn’t afford NOT to take advantage.

Fast forward to now, I have a strong urge to get back in to GA flying but now I have the need for at least 5 seats(and more UL) but I’m not ready to dive into ownership, yet. In my perfect world somebody local would let me rent their NA 2012(or newer) Cirrus SR22GTS with 5 seats(havent found THAT opportunity yet). I’d love to join a club or rent for at least a year to see if it’s something sustainable. My other concern is kids grow up, so for family trips I’ll need a Bonanza, Saratoga, or C210 eventually.

As far as your question, I’d say I can bring whatever capital the club or rental calls for if the aircraft/situation meets my needs. It all depends on location, type or aircraft, and how much access I’ll have to utilize the aircraft.

I don’t see too many Cirrus (5 seat), Bonanza, Saratoga, or C210 rentals/clubs/partnerships in my area. Does something like that even exist? I guess that’s what I’m looking for here.

Unit74,

In the past I was a member of a flying club at $100/yr, $40/mo, and $50 an hour dry for a DA40. It was great for me and a buddy to punch holes in the sky but nothing I’d want to put my family in for CCs. Needless to say that club has dissolved but for the price I almost couldn’t afford NOT to take advantage.

Fast forward to now, I have a strong urge to get back in to GA flying but now I have the need for at least 5 seats(and more UL) but I’m not ready to dive into ownership, yet. In my perfect world somebody local would let me rent their NA 2012(or newer) Cirrus SR22GTS with 5 seats(havent found THAT opportunity yet). I’d love to join a club or rent for at least a year to see if it’s something sustainable. My other concern is kids grow up, so for family trips I’ll need a Bonanza, Saratoga, or C210 eventually.

As far as your question, I’d say I can bring whatever capital the club or rental calls for if the aircraft/situation meets my needs. It all depends on location, type or aircraft, and how much access I’ll have to utilize the aircraft.

I don’t see too many Cirrus (5 seat), Bonanza, Saratoga, or C210 rentals/clubs/partnerships in my area. Does something like that even exist? I guess that’s what I’m looking for here.
There are a few Saratogas for rent in the Tampa area, so it’s possible. Cirrus also, but not sure if any are 5 seaters. It ain’t cheap though. It’s a couple grand just to get checked out so they’ll let you rent.

I need to (infrequently) rent a 5-6 place as well, but I can't find one either...I'm about an hour north of Detroit. There is a SR22 that rents out of Ann Arbor, but that's a bit far for me (1 1/2 drive)...seems to be somewhat rare, as everyone rents out the 2 or 4 place, but not the larger.
Good luck.

Last edited:
There are Cirrus available about an hour drive from me but they are only 4 seat models, the checkout alone is pricey and availability isnt great. Oh, the conundrum of needing 5 seats in the GA world.

Oooh... Was that the place at Sylvania? I always wondered how long that would last, and whose money they were ****ing away! Helluva great deal, though.

Googled it. Aeris Aviation. Their site is still kind of alive, even though every page is not found it still looks fancy. Very fitting, for that group... Sure was a nice place tho.

I'm in the MKE area, currently rent out of ETB. We're only a family of three, but the more comfortable the plane, the easier it'll be to convince the wife ;). I'm not in a position right now since we're building a new home, but inthe next year or so I'd like to get in to a club/partnership with a nice cross-country capable plane. My dream plane is a Commander 112/114, but wouldn't mind a Six/Lance or something similar.

Oooh... Was that the place at Sylvania? I always wondered how long that would last, and whose money they were ****ing away! Helluva great deal, though.

Googled it. Aeris Aviation. Their site is still kind of alive, even though every page is not found it still looks fancy. Very fitting, for that group... Sure was a nice place tho.

Sure was. It was a great deal when one had Mondays off. Eventually availability(checkouts became problematic) so as good of a deal as it was it, wasnt conducive to paying for access to planes I couldnt use.

They still have a fancy sign along I-94, yeah? That name is really familiar.

Probably.

I always wondered how long it would last. They had a DA40 for $50/hr dry, so you could fly it wet for under $100/hr. They built a really fancy clubhouse facility with electronic access to the aircraft keys, a simulator with a G1000, lounge, big TVs, etc. So, someone spent a LOT of money getting that place up and running and they certainly weren't making any money on the airplanes. I wonder how much money was lost there.

Back