For what it is worth...

Noah Werka

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Noah Werka
Information abuse:

Call me Paranoid...we all know how and what Google does-collect and hoard data. Well, duh..." Consider the case of Google...(One of the founders of 23andMe, Anne Wojcicki, is presently married to Sergei Brin, the founder of Google.)...as we now know, the fundamental purpose of the company wasn’t to help us search, but to hoard information."

No reason to think 23andme is any different. I'll pass.

Old but still valid

Noah W

You’re not paranoid.

Several people in my office have done this and talk about the results, spreading further interest and discount codes for others to buy in to learn about themselves and their health. They fail to realize that their genetic material and data is now being used b the company, and they paid to allow them to use it, and they no longer have control of their own genetic data.

No thanks.

You’re not paranoid.

Several people in my office have done this and talk about the results, spreading further interest and discount codes for others to buy in to learn about themselves and their health. They fail to realize that their genetic material and data is now being used b the company, and they paid to allow them to use it, and they no longer have control of their own genetic data.

No thanks.

My brother did a medical genetic test through his job that flagged him as having an increased risk for prostate cancer. As a result, the company (Color) gave everyone in the family discounted tests.

I bought the kit, but then... Yeah, having that out there in someone's database gives me the heebie-jeebies. So, I did not send it in.

Let the life of crime commence. ;)

and...supposedly Facebook is actually the DARPA Info Awareness Operation that was cancelled by Congress as an invasion of privacy but funded by puppet CIA Venture Capital firms ala Facebook. :stirpot:

I feel bad for the analyst that has to follow me...I'm boring as sh*t

I will say the DNA collection is very Aldus Huxley.

Back