@EppyGA—Any word on this one?

That paint job makes it look like one of the 172s at SkyBound (PDK).

Ha, that story has a link to a fatal an hour or so east of there on Saturday. It looks like a Piper, and carried both of its wings to the scene of the crash.

Yep, another article said it was based at PDK.

And there's an accident report for N996SB.

Glad both the instructor and student got out safely.

Ha, that story has a link to a fatal an hour or so east of there on Saturday. It looks like a Piper, and carried both of its wings to the scene of the crash.
Saw that also. Bad weekend for GA around Atlanta.

It was beautiful weather here this weekend, so it wasn't weather related. Well, maybe it was so nice more people were flying.

Happy that the instructor and student got out without injury. The plane can be replaced.

The piper crash must have literally happened right under me. I was returning to VPC from South Georgia right then and landed at 5:35 or 5:40.

Didn't see a thing.

Wayne pretty much covered it. CFI and student walked away and then the plane caught fire. I flew on Saturday for our Flying Start event. I flew two folks and we saw a lot of airplanes around, a couple pretty close. Got a lot of pop ups on FF with warnings.

Wayne pretty much covered it. CFI and student walked away and then the plane caught fire. I flew on Saturday for our Flying Start event. I flew two folks and we saw a lot of airplanes around, a couple pretty close. Got a lot of pop ups on FF with warnings.
Glad you’re all okay. Had me concerned when I first saw the article.

Yep, I’m good. Got three hours on Saturday and maybe got two folks interested in general aviation.

Sorry I missed your original posting. Spent the day battling a hosting provider whose view of migrating services is different than mine. Websites all down due to DNS not being done.

The piper crash must have literally happened right under me. I was returning to VPC from South Georgia right then and landed at 5:35 or 5:40.

Didn't see a thing.

As it turns out, the Piper probably went down a couple of hours earlier than initial indications. The pilot was flying Gainesville, Fl to Calhoun, GA. Probably 320 nautical miles on a direct line, but to avoid Atlanta's airspace and some of the restricted areas in GA, he might have had to fly another 20 miles. There was a modest (5-10 knot) headwind when I flew most of the same route a couple of hours later in the day.

As it turns out, the Piper probably went down a couple of hours earlier than initial indications. The pilot was flying Gainesville, Fl to Calhoun, GA. Probably 320 nautical miles on a direct line, but to avoid Atlanta's airspace and some of the restricted areas in GA, he might have had to fly another 20 miles. There was a modest (5-10 knot) headwind when I flew most of the same route a couple of hours later in the day.

Surely no one makes a plane with so little fuel it won't make that trip??? Unless you are postulating departing without full tanks?

Surely no one makes a plane with so little fuel it won't make that trip??? Unless you are postulating departing without full tanks?

I was just going through the first order considerations given that there was no fire. The Cherokee certainly has sufficient range to successfully complete that flight.

Back