Mooney Cadet

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
Now here is something that you don't see every day. Unless, of course, you see it every day. Mooney M10 Cadet. Based on the Ercoupe and you can certainly see the lines. Only 59 built. Don't know if this little bird ever flies, she looks a bit sad.

IMG_20181015_102952961.jpg IMG_20181015_102916751_HDR.jpg

Well, it appears that there is air in the tires, so that's a good sign! It is still currently registered, as well.

Well, it appears that there is air in the tires, so that's a good sign! It is still currently registered, as well.

Yes, I thought the same re the tires. I will ask the airport manager about it tomorrow.

An ercoupe that can spin and kill you. A mooney, with the backward tail, but without the style of its big brother.

Still, a cool plane.

it's so cute. it's like a lil grumman, u just wanna pinch it's cheek and in your best baby voice say "who's the cute little aer-o-plane boobooboowoowoo"

Interesting...I never knew they made bonooney’s like that before.

I saw one Porsche-Mooney. That may even be a bit more rare than the Cadet.

Heh. I guess I do see the Mooney resemblance! :)
Comoonchey.jpg

My dad happened to see it at Grants Pass, Oregon, around 1999 or so, and snapped this photo. This was a one-off experimental called a "Taylor Royal T," first registered in 1983. It combined a Mooney M20E cabin, landing gear and wings, Bonanza tip tanks, and a Beech Musketeer (not Comanche) vertical tail. IIRC it had a big engine, either an IO-520 or IO-540.

Comoonchey2.jpg

Comoonchey_panel1.jpg

I wonder if this accident report from 1996 might explain the tail-ectomy.

Sadly, there was another accident report ten years later.

View attachment 68173

My dad happened to see it at Grants Pass, Oregon, around 1999 or so, and snapped this photo. This was a one-off experimental called a "Taylor Royal T," first registered in 1983. It combined a Mooney M20E cabin, landing gear and wings, Bonanza tip tanks, and a Beech Musketeer (not Comanche) vertical tail. IIRC it had a big engine, either an IO-520 or IO-540.

View attachment 68174

View attachment 68175

When they can’t tell who was sitting in which seat, you know it was bad.

... and have a couple of guys ready when you land to turn the airplane upside down and shake you out. That airplane is so small you have to get out to change your mind!

It's the personal aircraft that you wear! :p

When they first came out, some were displayed in grocery stores with a price per pound . . . .

We were looking for airpark property and this accident was one of the things that discouraged us from buying at seven bays. The burn marks were still fresh when we looked at the property. My wife was spooked tight off.

Paul
Salome, AZ

Back