Cessna TT hits house

A new candidate for the worst print news reporting ever!
Actually, I consider this "typical". I was the victim of an assault some decades ago; the interview I gave didn't match what was printed.

Why would you do any research,when you can just print fake news.

during my career i was the PIO for our regional consolidated 9-1-1 call center. we answered calls for and dispatched police, fire and medics for about 800,000-people in 15-communities. i did numerous interviews, tours and programs for citizen groups and community organizations, sometimes attended by reporters. i also did a number of one-on-one sessions for local and national reporters.

i always provided a “fact sheet” to each reporter with the agency’s “vital statistics”...average daily number of 9-1-1 calls, total annual dispatched incidents broken down by police, fire and medics. also included was a list of communities covered by our call center. i always requested and received a tear sheet or video of the resulting article or report and never, EVER, was the article or report accurate with respect to any of the information on the fact sheet. ever. not fake news but certainly not accurate reporting either.

to the pilot’s family...may he rest in peace

Just a few weeks ago we were discussing the Cessna Citation suicide-crash at Payson, Utah. But there's still no Payson in Nevada. Payson AZ (KPAN) is one of the favorite $100 pancake/hamburger destinations among the Phoenix area crowd.

Payson me now, or payson me later?!?

Anyway. Bad news and always hard to read about a fatal, regardless of how inaccurate the coverage.

On one of my firearm forums, the parents of the woman who died are devastated as you'd expect.
67fbafa23a582d3cdf65bc603986d0b1.jpg

Total bummer that the pilot died. Thankfully no one on the ground was killed or seriously hurt. I hate seeing a TT go down too :(

IMC that day I believe

Looks like few or scattered at 800. He had flown the same trip the week before - out on Sat night, back Sun. Does not appear from the track that they were on the RNAV approach.

Back