Mattress advice? (NA)

Oh, you probably knew this, but at least some of the foam (and the Sleep Numbuh) don't use a box spring. I have a plywood platform that is attached to the bed frame (4 post canopy thing from a kit).

The Sleep EZ is also talalay latex not memory foam and there is no box spring. The foundation is made of multiple slats, not a solid platform, to allow air circulation I've read.

My husband had a waterbed in his twenties too. So one day, not long after I moved in, I'm sitting up in bed hand sewing a button or something and I was in the habit of sticking my sewing needle straight into the mattress beside me, temporarily stowing it whilst I did whatever. So I'm proceeding to sew and I sense a growing pool of wetness around me. "Oh ****!" I had just been owned by my own mindless habit. :( I then got to learn how to patch a waterbed.

That’s hilarious! :yes: :rofl:

The problem is not all people like the same mattress firmness. I recently purchased a Big Fig matress. It rated for people up to 600 pounds. If you want firm and a back sleeper, probably nothing better. Side sleeper you would probably hate this mattress.

Karen and I spent a couple of weeks sleeping on an air mattress once we got the go ahead to move into our new home. It was fine, though she thought it was a bit firm/unyielding. I’m fortunate that I can sleep well on just about anything, including the floor.

Shopping online, she went ahead and ordered this foam model in queen-sized:

44478481514_81cd205dd9_z.jpg

It was less than $400 and seems fine. We’ve both even sleeping very well on it.

One small caveat: the edges are noticeably less rigid than a conventional mattress. As you roll or sit close to the edge the foam compresses, and I can see how it could lead to one falling out of bed. It’s already happened twice to one of our dogs, Willie. I don’t know if this is characteristic of all foam mattresses or particular to this brand.

As an aside, we’ve decided to make what was to be my office into our master bedroom, custom window and all!

44478456734_0e4cd65269_z.jpg

We have a Casper which we love. If we were in the market now, I'd consider trying a Purple too. I will never set foot in a mattress store again.

Bought a Leesa for the FL home - ahhh, finally a mattress that sleeps reasonably cool.....that’s always been an issue for me.
Didn’t come with that cute puppy in the ads tho.

Bought this one from costco and have had ZERO complaints

costco.com/Novaform-14"-Serafina-Pearl-Gel-King-Memory-Foam-Mattress.product.100153877.html

can't post any links yet since I am in newbie probation at the moment. $800.00

We don't have the roll out of bed issue with the latex. It is covered with a very sturdy case that seems to hold it into a standard mattress shape.

Tuft and Needle mattress in a box from Amazon. We’ve had it about a year, no complaints - one of the best mattresses we’ve ever had, plus cheaper than “normal” mattresses. Recommended.

Back