Aerobatic Pilot killed

Very sad! As fun as those shows are to watch, there’s absolutely no margin for error. May he RIP.

Very sorry to read. He had fun delighting a large many of spectators. At least he passed doing what he loved. RIP.

They are based at my "new" home airport (if I ever buy another plane.) Night air shows are now a "thing", though I've not seen one yet.

Why I never watch the aerobatics at airshows. No interest in folks putting their lives at risk for my entertainment. RIP.

Why I never watch the aerobatics at airshows. No interest in folks putting their lives at risk for my entertainment. RIP.
That's the thing. They're not doing it for your entertainment. They're doing it because they love doing it. I'm happy to go out and watch them perform to support them. No one is forcing them to do these aerobatic routines.

Very sorry to hear about this loss, RIP.

Never heard of night acro. The vid looks pretty cool. God bless the pilots and their familes.

You think that's what he hoped for?

I wouldn't think any of us would want to go out that way. But...

...every hand's a winner
And every hand's a loser
And the best that you can hope for is to die
in your sleep...

My level of flying competence is so far below what it takes to even contemplate doing that type of flying and even if I was that competent, I don’t think I’d do it.

I am looking forward to the NTSB report. I saw them perform a month ago in Bromont. These pilots were top notch. Might have been a structural failure of some sort. RV8s are approved for aerobatics. I wonder how many pilots push them that hard.

Back