Daily Pic

2 weeks ago, but still pretty awesome. Daughter's first GA flight. Her smile after asking her, "Is this fun?" after the first turn. I planned to land back right away if she didn't like it, but we ended up picking up a friend and putting in 2.0 hours - although she had a good nap about 15 minutes after picking him up. She LOVED seeing the boats on the Chain O'Lakes (Fox River, NE Illinois) and didn't mind, even kind of enjoyed, the bumps. Last night we sat at the kitchen table with the portable intercom, headsets on, watching flying videos and listening to ORD Approach on the scanner.

View attachment 67900

Looks like she’s got the flying bug! 2-3 year old?

2 weeks ago, but still pretty awesome. Daughter's first GA flight. Her smile after asking her, "Is this fun?" after the first turn. I planned to land back right away if she didn't like it, but we ended up picking up a friend and putting in 2.0 hours - although she had a good nap about 15 minutes after picking him up. She LOVED seeing the boats on the Chain O'Lakes (Fox River, NE Illinois) and didn't mind, even kind of enjoyed, the bumps. Last night we sat at the kitchen table with the portable intercom, headsets on, watching flying videos and listening to ORD Approach on the scanner.

View attachment 67900
Future pilot right there!

Looks like she’s got the flying bug! 2-3 year old?

4.5. Funny, her long-time nickname has been 'Bug,' so having the bug is fitting. Also, her bugging me every time she saw an airplane is one of the reasons I got current again. Made sense she was my first passenger back. I took my 12 year old up with a CFI (I wasn't current, my first/only time riding in back!) when she was 5, and she has some passing interest in crashing F-4s in X-Plane, but isn't nearly as excited to go back up. So it goes.

Flying over Atlanta a few days ago. A pic from the condo balcony in Venice FL.

LZSMItu.jpg

zuWSoeL.jpg

zegdicU.jpg

Help! I'm trapped inside a Beech 18. Taking the floor out while the only feeder band of Hurricane Michael that's currently bothering the east coast of Florida tracks directly over the Lantana Airport.

IMG_20181008_113103606.jpg

Flew to Rough River (2I3) for lunch yesterday. Ran into a local EAA acquaintance... he was taking this Seabee out to "get 'er wet"

Love the front (nose) door in the 2nd pic... for access to mooring.

View attachment 67967
View attachment 67968
I've seen this bird sitting on the ramp at Princeton KY (2M0).

Take the courtesy car there and go to Pagliai's. Some folks from Chicago run it and its the best pizza I have ever had. Watch out for the wasp at the car though. IN another month, they will be moot lol

Help! I'm trapped inside a Beech 18. Taking the floor out while the only feeder band of Hurricane Michael that's currently bothering the east coast of Florida tracks directly over the Lantana Airport.

View attachment 67972
My old man flew those (C45) in the Army back in the 60's . Used to take the shingles off our house!

Heh...I was originally thinking that was taken in Alabama and that was @mscard88 on his way to give a flying lesson. Looks familiar.....

Well I was on my way to the aerdrome and saw this stuff on side of the road. Looked good to me, no one claimed it so I took all of it. It's mine now! :)

We flew two elderly Beagles, who lost their home when their owner had to go into an assisted living home, from Tawas City to Coldwater. From there they got a ride to Chicago. They were cute passengers and enjoyed the ride.

The dogs getting comfortable in the plane:

2F4F1717-EBD2-4A64-A7FC-37CDA3E08F2C.jpeg

Lansing (KLAN)

110DA834-0E52-4D2B-BE36-284816534499.jpeg

Coldwater (KOEB)

E57A4D6B-CB51-4330-8202-D3E2461676E0.jpeg

Goodbye!

CF57C8D0-E41C-40EB-80B5-D93B28C1D5A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Back