Cessna 2 Place Intercom

pilotrs

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
PilotRS
There is a Cessna C172M where I rent aircraft. It only has a 2 place intercom, which sucks when I take up more than 1 passenger as there are no headset plugs in the back. I'm looking for some suggestions on how I can communicate with them or at least they can listen to what the pilot and copilot are saying in the front.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O56/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Quarter Inch male to two quarter inch females.
Can I use this splitter cable, so at least one passenger in the back can at least listen to audio? or use two splitter cables, so both passengers in the back can listen to at least the audio? Will using these splitter cables cause any load issues? any short circuit? or lower the quality for pilot or copilot?

Any other solutions where the passengers in the back can even talk to the pilot and copilot in the front? Thank you

There is a Cessna C172M where I rent aircraft. It only has a 2 place intercom, which sucks when I take up more than 1 passenger as there are no headset plugs in the back. I'm looking for some suggestions on how I can communicate with them or at least they can listen to what the pilot and copilot are saying in the front.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O56/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Quarter Inch male to two quarter inch females.
Can I use this splitter cable, so at least one passenger in the back can at least listen to audio? or use two splitter cables, so both passengers in the back can listen to at least the audio? Will using these splitter cables cause any load issues? any short circuit? or lower the quality for pilot or copilot?

Any other solutions where the passengers in the back can even talk to the pilot and copilot in the front? Thank you

I have a couple of 4-place portable intercoms that I picked up cheap on eBay. Check there.

Get a splitter and plug in to the passenger side. Run the wires back for the back seat. Works great $50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audio will be attenuated. If you plug a splitter into the headphone jack on the copilots side, you can get one more person that can hear (but not talk), at the expense of some attenuation on the copilot's circuit. getting 2 on one input that can hear and talk is problematic. And splitting more than once probably won't work very well at all. At least that has been my experience.

Back