looks like MzeroA got Dynon SkyView

He definitely put more money into that bird than it was worth. I guess he intends to keep it for awhile. Nice panel nonetheless!

He definitely put more money into that bird than it was worth. I guess he intends to keep it for awhile. Nice panel nonetheless!
That's a difficult decision. If one is going to keep and use the plane, one can dump a lot more money into it. For ~$100K, one can put a reman engine, nice interior, and deeeeeeluxe panel into a 172. Look at the price of new 172 ... as much as I paid for my house.

I just don't know about this dude......he ooooooozes used car salesman. And listening to Jason on The Finer Points, he doesn't have much good to say about him.

I just don't know about this dude......he ooooooozes used car salesman. And listening to Jason on The Finer Points, he doesn't have much good to say about him.

Yeah, he is a little slick, but has some decent videos. What does Jason have to say about him? I can't imagine he'd publicly comment on him.

I suppose you missed the last part of my comment which said exactly this...
Nope, didn't miss it. Just pointing out that with the price of a new 172, dropping $50K or so into a panel isn't that crazy.

Yeah, he is a little slick, but has some decent videos. What does Jason have to say about him? I can't imagine he'd publicly comment on him.

Jason doesn't mention him by name, but in his interview with Rod Machado,its obvious they are talking about him. Jason thinks he's full of crap, and there isn't any way the guy has the hours he says he does. Rod doesn't outright defend him, but he doesn't jump on Jason's bandwagon either

Jason doesn't mention him by name, but in his interview with Rod Machado,its obvious they are talking about him. Jason thinks he's full of crap, and there isn't any way the guy has the hours he says he does. Rod doesn't outright defend him, but he doesn't jump on Jason's bandwagon either
Could you provide a link to the YouTube or podcast of the interview?

Hmmm...that is surprising to hear that. I used Jason Schappert's IFR Audio Book to get ready for the Oral and I thought it was probably the most useful thing I've had for any of my ratings thus far. Made the oral a breeze. I do like his videos as well. Yea maybe he is a little too enthusiastic, but I guess you can't please everyone.

What I don't like are these ground schools that are a monthly subscription (MzeroA does this as well as Fly8MA). I think that is a total ripoff.

Like Jason Schappert or not, you have to admire his e-marketing skills, he's gone from being a local Florida CFi to having a world wide on-line membership for his ground school.

Besides appearances at Sun n Fun and Oshkosh he's also done a European Tour speaking at various events.

Errm...I wonder if you can still book one on one flight training with him these days for 40 bucks per hour ? :D

He’s an ATP, so he can’t be that new to this flying thing

Like the others said - I would be willing to bet he got deep discounts for product placement in his videos. I had a hard time listening to him in his videos but I do think he has some good content. This winter I was vacationing in St. Pete and he landed in that 172. It is a nice looking plane. Good for him. I would just like to tell him to drop the infomercial voice. Several of these YouTube guys are self promoters. I guess that is what it takes.

I don’t see the problem with him. I’ve never paid for his content but used a couple of his free videos as a student to help with skills I was struggling with. They, and the UND videos on landing helped me get an additional explanation to what my cfi was giving and the combination made me successful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no idea who any of these people are. Also, get off my digital lawn!

Back