Bird Strike Crash - Move Over Sully!

He did good, but I don't recommend yelling "Hold on Wendy! We're gonna crash!" during engine outs!

I think he was talking to the plane, and got confused...should have said "Hold on BREEZY!" not "windy".

He did good, but I don't recommend yelling "Hold on Wendy! We're gonna crash!" during engine outs!

If that were a Breezy I can understand why he told her to hold on! ;):)

Trying to figure out what the bird hit that caused a crash. One of the control lines to the canopy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a powered parachute (PPC), not a Breezy. And that's not a crash, not even a hard landing, just rolled out into the corn.

Those who read the article will see that he was flying with his wife, Wendi. I looked for it ... at the very end of the video you can hear him say “Are you alright?” She says “Yes.”

Those who read the article will see that he was flying with his wife, Wendi. I looked for it ... at the very end of the video you can hear him say “Are you alright?” She says “Yes.”
You can also see her left leg in slacks from the very beginning of the video.

I want to call bogus on that one. It is a powered parachute. Chute is inflated the whole time. Total nothing burger if it was a real engine out. Announcing a "crash" at 500 or so feet?

Back