You know your checkride is going well when...

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
Returning home, the examiner asked if he can fly the airplane and do the landing because he doesn't get much chance to fly these days.

That one from my instrument checkride.

Of course, there's the converse, you know your checkride is going poorly when examiner tells you he's going to fly the airplane now.

Returning home, the examiner asked if he can fly the airplane and do the landing because he doesn't get much chance to fly these days.

Of course, there's the converse, you know your checkride is going poorly when examiner tells you he's going to fly the airplane now.

I had that happen on my CFII ride with the FAA. Actually he flew the entire ride, I just ran my mouth, which he instructed me to do. :D

Many FSDO's require a minimum amount to test time. I ran through the Oral part so fast (did not need to look anything up), the DPE looked at his watch and said "OK, here's the bonus round". Knew that part was done at that point.

During my PPL check ride, about 3/4 done and after a landing at another field DPE says "pull off at next taxi way"...then "I have the controls". I think "F#@K...what did I do? Thought it was going well!".

He taxis through a gate and pulls up to a hangar, gets out and says "I need to head in to do some paperwork for anther student's check ride" then heads to his desk...What the HOLY F?!?...after about 15 min I am fuming...got the next student who is a buddy waiting for the plane for their checkride and I am now totally out of my groove with an interrupted check ride cuz this jackwaggon has personal work to get done on time that I am paying him for!

...until he says..."go get your logbook out of the plane so I can sign you off and we will head back and finish up" then prints out my certificate. Guess it was going well.

I was still pizzed off...had he not signed me off during that break I would have probably filed a formal complaint even if he did end up passing me at the end.

Many FSDO's require a minimum amount to test time. I ran through the Oral part so fast (did not need to look anything up), the DPE looked at his watch and said "OK, here's the bonus round". Knew that part was done at that point.
Sounds like more opportunity to hang yourself. Next time talk slower :)

I failed my instrument check ride on the NDB approach, which was at a different airport. We continued with the rest of the ride, which went well.

On the re-ride, after successfully completing the NDB, the examiner said let's go back to the airport. I asked if the return should be visual or under the foggles. He said visual is Ok.

On the way back I was thinking.... I don't remember how to do a visual landing....I am about to fail an instrument check ride on a visual landing... :lol::lol:

I passed.!!!

Same thing happened on my instrument checkride. I did mine in Ocala. What was his name? Just wondering if it was the same guy.

On my second instrument ride (got too low on a non-precision approach on the first) we were headed back to the airport and Ron's checkride advice kept going through my mind. Remember the first rule of Italian driving - what's behind you doesn't matter. I knew on short final that all I had to do was land that plane without bending anything or scaring the DPE and I had my instrument rating. Talk about a mixture of relaxation and tension. Pulled it off and now I can put IA after PP-ASEL. That was 7 years ago. :D

Back