@edfred and @steingar where you been?

If one wants a free-for-all and can't seem to make it work here, maybe someplace else would suit their needs rather than railing about how unfair it is here.

They can find a wonderful home over at Bryan's "uncontrolled airspace" Facebook page. That place is nothing but a bunch of 13 year-olds trying to offend each other and everyone else. I've never seen a site so juvenile.

Personally, I just don't get the allure...

They can find a wonderful home over at Bryan's "uncontrolled airspace" Facebook page. That place is nothing but a bunch of 13 year-olds trying to offend each other and everyone else. I've never seen a site so juvenile.

Personally, I just don't get the allure...
There is also PilotSpin.com, which is mostly POA refugees.

Some of the KY jokes really pizz me off.

Hint: If you're putting that jelly on toast you're doin' it wrong? (Or not o_O)

We used to tell Kentuckian jokes as kids in Indiana. Never made sense to me.

Until I actually met a few Kentuckians.

;)

It seems in the south, jokes go south. Kentuckians joke about Tennesseans, Tennesseans joke about Alabamans, Alabamans joke about.....wait a second, it kinda stops there Lol

There is also PilotSpin.com, which is mostly POA refugees.

Correction, mostly Spin Zone refugees.

Hint: If you're putting that jelly on toast you're doin' it wrong? (Or not o_O)

It seems in the south, jokes go south. Kentuckians joke about Tennesseans, Tennesseans joke about Alabamans, Alabamans joke about.....wait a second, it kinda stops there Lol

Correction, mostly Spin Zone refugees.

You mean like, why do all the trees in Georgia lean to the west? Because Alabama sucks, :D

You know why Fort Collins, CO is so windy? Because Boulder sucks and Wyoming blows.

You know why Fort Collins, CO is so windy? Because Boulder sucks and Wyoming blows.

The Kansas version of that is "Because Nebraska sucks and Oklahoma blows", or maybe reverse the states.

...and all of them joke about mississippians

I told edfred that there's a thread here lamenting his absense and his response was:

"Unless they have t*ts (real or fake, doesn't matter) I don't care if I'm missed over there. lol

For what it's worth, Ed leaving periodically is as old as PoA itself. As long as I've been around Ed gets fed up, leaves, and comes back. For probably the 10th time... he'll be back. Don't you worry.

It's like Apple Pie and America... they just go together. PoA and Ed occasionally leaving... they're just meant to be. :)

I do genuinely enjoy having Ed around and I don't actually believe moderation was the cause to run him off.

The reality is that the majority of our members don't speak out about things that make them uncomfortable.

Indeed. When I first joined, a couple search terms turned up some threads that turned me off quite a bit. I walked away from the forum for a month or two, not really sure I’d fit in. No muss, no fuss.

Decided to give it another try and so far, so good - with a few trolls disguised a ‘jokes,’ But I have been on the Internet long enough to have a thick skin. If it gets to be too much though, you can count on me slipping away quietly, not blowing up and making my exit known. Because I’ve also been around the Internet long have to know that nobody really cares.

Oops, sent before I was done. Edit to add that as clunky as it is, the chat feature has let me get to know people little better than posts alone can.

And if you are looking for most of the scoundrels, come to a fly in and say “hey” in person. Doc Bruce has got one this weekend (!). Bryan with a “y”I think does one in July. Ed has got one in Labor Day (needs more cabins!).
Where is Doc Bruce's?

This place has changed for the better since I first joined.

You also joined at what, in my opinion, was when things were the worst.

You also joined at what, in my opinion, was when things were the worst.

Haha...yea doesn’t surprise me. Couldn’t even come here and ask a question without someone beating you down. That was when I was just starting my Private.

... and the original members were red board refugees, and some are still here, but the population changes.
As a self-made curmudgeon, I don't like it. But, I do have to live with it if I insist on staying onboard.

Haha...yea doesn’t surprise me. Couldn’t even come here and ask a question without someone beating you down. That was when I was just starting my Private.

There were issues when I joined, too. Basically found it was impossible to share anything fun without a few certain people (who are now all gone) saying "Well that free bottle of water you gave your friend you flew with was compensation and violates the FARs." Women were treated very poorly then, too. That's gotten better (we've mostly driven off the people who've said things like "Women have no place flying an airplane") but we still have a few who insist on trying to drive off any female who joins.

There were issues when I joined, too. Basically found it was impossible to share anything fun without a few certain people (who are now all gone) saying "Well that free bottle of water you gave your friend you flew with was compensation and violates the FARs." Women were treated very poorly then, too. That's gotten better (we've mostly driven off the people who've said things like "Women have no place flying an airplane") but we still have a few who insist on trying to drive off any female who joins.

But we are still in agreement that we dont like drone pilots though, right?

Hungarian? Are you kidding me? My wife's family is Hungarian and there are a million jokes. Many of the punchlines start out "first you steal a ..."
Lay 'em on me! Cuz I've never heard any as far as I recall. Most likely because we never lived close to my relatives from that side of the family. Dad was AF.

I gotta say, some of the biggest offenders of being “13 year olds” have been mentioned prominently in this thread.

Tom-D seems to have gotten his panties in a wad and left also. No big loss since the bad advice will likely decline as a result and the signal to noise ratio will likely increase substantially.

Last edited:
Back