Beware of the candy

There were cases of that occurring when I lived in CO from 2013 - 2016

I have a friend in the AF who was told to steer clear of poppyseed cake and all iterations of poppyseed use for fear of a false positive. T or F about poppyseeds?

I guess “Innocent man found innocent and had all his privileges restored” wasn’t sensational enough of a headline for them.

I have a friend in the AF who was told to steer clear of poppyseed cake and all iterations of poppyseed use for fear of a false positive. T or F about poppyseeds?

Always heard that too, so I steered clear of it.

3FBDE180-8C13-4F7D-83E1-877412C1FC94.jpeg
Was her name Elaine perhaps??

when i saw this thread's title ... i thought of VA disabilities!

Always heard that too, so I steered clear of it.
True.
Here is a reference from a drug testing lab: https://www.aegislabs.com/clinical-update/poppyseed
People have successfully sued for loss of income, unlawful termination over this.
Here is another citation: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1856638

Last edited:
So I need to stay away from the everything bagels?
Depends on your job, I suppose. I've only been drug-tested for 3rd class medical in the last 15 years, at least I'm assuming drugs and not diabetes.
Given this is a known problem with the test, we need better tests, or better procedures to avoid trapping the innocent.

It's been total boom market for the foreign based drug cartels for a starter. Profits have gone through the roof. It's a real shame that none of them are publicly traded and you can't put them in your 401K.
Zero or less impact on actual drug use.
Billions of dollars spent to not accomplish anything useful.
The "war" is totally unwinnable as long as you treat it like a war.

I guess I don't understand how that ties into a PILOT testing POSITIVE for THC and getting his stuff revoked. it's like, talking politics on PoA, then getting the ban hammer, then crying about getting banned for breaking the rules.

I guess I don't understand how that ties into a PILOT testing POSITIVE for THC and getting his stuff revoked. i
You axed for an explanation of unintended consequences. The poppy cake / everything bagel thing had already been pointed out. Getting busted on a random drug test for (if we believe the original story) unintended exposure (one strike and you are out - on the other hand, you can be a total boozer and no big deal). What else did you want?

You axed for an explanation of unintended consequences. The poppy cake / everything bagel thing had already been pointed out. Getting busted on a random drug test for (if we believe the original story) unintended exposure (one strike and you are out - on the other hand, you can be a total boozer and no big deal). What else did you want?

nothing, I guess. I know I used "oh, I accidentally smoked that joint thinking it was a cigarette" when I was a kid, for some strange reason it never worked then. I'll try the "oopsie, I accidentally ate weed" one next time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back