G1000 Course?

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
Are there any G1000 courses out there that at worth paying for? King & Sporty's has one ($179 & $89). I've watched a lot of free YouTube videos thus far. Watched a great video on the KAP140 AP as well.

Block a plane off in the flight school, plug the GPU and twist some knobs.

Block a plane off in the flight school, plug the GPU and twist some knobs.

I did my dual commercial day & night XC yesterday and that gave me a lot of time to go through it a bit. Picked up on it quickly. I guess the appeal of a good course would be learning to do things in the most efficient manner. Whether or not it is worth ~$179, not sure.

I don’t think a course is worth it. Going out and actually flying the plane taught me more than messing around with it on the ground or with Garmins free simulator.

You’re instrument rated. My suggestion would be to go out and spend a few hours flying approaches with a knowledgeable instructor. After that you should be good enough at operating it that you can continue to learn the system on your own.

I don’t think a course is worth it. Going out and actually flying the plane taught me more than messing around with it on the ground or with Garmins free simulator.

You’re instrument rated. My suggestion would be to go out and spend a few hours flying approaches with a knowledgeable instructor. After that you should be good enough at operating it that you can continue to learn the system on your own.
Bonus if the first couple of hours or so with the instructor are on a G1000 AATD.

Thanks yea sounds like a good idea.

Watched a free video ,then took an hour with an instructor. Would probably. Need another two hours to be comfortable with the unit

I think 2-3 hours with instructor for 'basics' and then youtube supplement will work.

That's how I got pretty good on the 430.

Two good book suggestions....

Both of Max Trescott's books, http://www.maxtrescott.com/

Keith Thomassen's G1000 book, http://avionicswest.com/

I have these in my library and they both do an excellent job explaining the fundamentals than breaking down the "how to's" for each task. Made learning the systems much easier than watching videos at home and then trying to recall the lesson at the airport.

Back