Want To Buy But can I fly?

Previous owner takes registration. I apply online for new one. Is there an FAA temp reg

• The FAA gives immediate temporary registration that can be printed off the Internet

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • The FAA requires you to wait for new registration to arrive in the mail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tanille DeLair

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tanille
The prebuy happens today. I am here with the mechanic. In a perfect world, the aircraft is even better then it was represented in the ad and both parties sign the contract. I hand him my life savings that I have not even earned yet. He says thank you very much and removes his registration from the aircraft.

I go on the FAA website and fill out my new registration form. Is there a temporary registration that I can print out and fly my newly financed airplane home 1100 miles?

Or do I need to wait for the paper one to be arrive?

Seems like it was a month before I ever got anything physically and I flew the plane plenty. But I don't remember if I had to print something out or how it worked but I know whatever I did was perfectly legal. I do feel like I had some piece of paper.

I'm sorry there's no valuable information in this response. It makes me sad to think you're probably still reading this portion here and I wish I had the energy to go back and delete it but I've already put in this much effort so once again..... I just hope you're having a good day

:D My last purchase was from a friend and he lended me his reg. I flew out to Omaha last night for this prebuy and NOW I am wondering if this beautiful bird may end up grounded while the FAA makes a registration from scratch.

Im having a GREAT day!

The aircraft is eligible for operation in U.S. airspace during the 90 day temporary authority pending registration and any extension of this period, provided a copy of the filed application and any extensions are carried in the aircraft.

That's a good rule change. Only 4 years ago I was required to have an original form mailed to me, which I kept one part of mailed the rest back to wait the ~90 days.

Can you still get a 8050-1 in carbon? I'm showing my age, but I've always used the carbon copy to fly the plane home.

i had kept a copy of the original reg and the document of sale and the form mentioned above while ferrying the a/c back 1200 nm

Pink copy in the plane.

A copy of the printed one is the same as the pink copy.

Fly good, don’t suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.aopa.org/go-fly/aircraft-and-ownership/selling-an-aircraft

REGISTRATION
  • Form 8050-1 is now available online. After the purchaser completes the form, they should make a photocopy of it and place it in the aircraft. The photocopy of the original will serve as the temporary. This replaces the pink slip that most owners are familiar with.

Can you still get a 8050-1 in carbon? I'm showing my age, but I've always used the carbon copy to fly the plane home.

See there, your answer, right in the thread. You’re welcome. ;)

Back