Legal Enforcement Action

A

Anonymous

I recently got my medical revoked. In the letter sent to me by the FAA, a line reads
“...we are sending your file to FAA legal counsel for consideration of legal enforcement action.”
Is this something I should be worried about? I have already began the steps to the long journey of getting my medical back.
I’d rather not give many details surrounding the loss of my medical, other than they claim it is in violation of CFR14 part61.53

I'm no lawyer, but "consideration of legal enforcement action" is something I'd be worried about if I were in your shoes. I don't think I'd bother trying to get my medical back until I got some clarity on that.

It generally means the issue is being passed on to the FAA enforcement lawyers to consider initiation of pilot certificate suspension or revocation proceedings. This would be a good time to discuss the issue with an aviation attorney.

If needed, I know of a good aviation attorney in the Dallas area. I'm willing to share his contact info via PM.

There's another good aviation lawyer in North Carolina....Since it's Federal, doesn't matter where they are located, pretty much like super AMEs.

I recently got my medical revoked. In the letter sent to me by the FAA, a line reads
“...we are sending your file to FAA legal counsel for consideration of legal enforcement action.”
Is this something I should be worried about? I have already began the steps to the long journey of getting my medical back.
I’d rather not give many details surrounding the loss of my medical, other than they claim it is in violation of CFR14 part61.53
May I ask what caused the revocation?

The PoA way would be to hypothesize what he/she did and the argue about what to do about it right?

If your a member of AOPA,reach out to their legal advisors,as a minimum. They can also recommend a lawyer,with experience ,in enforcement actions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back