Want To Buy Artifical Horizon and Directional Gyro

Cruzinchris

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Cruzinchris
Need new gyro's for my Beechcraft Sport. AH is bouncing around, DG needs resetting every 5 minutes. Thought about going all glass and junking the vacuum system, but the $10,000++ price tag scared me away.

Anybody upgrade to glass and want to sell your good AH and DG, let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
Santa Cruz, CA

Need new gyro's for my Beechcraft Sport. AH is bouncing around, DG needs resetting every 5 minutes. Thought about going all glass and junking the vacuum system, but the $10,000++ price tag scared me away.

Anybody upgrade to glass and want to sell your good AH and DG, let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
Santa Cruz, CA

How’s about the Aspen VFR unit?

I like it, the Aspen E5 for $5000. But it requires a panel mounted WAAS GPS. Not many inexpensive choices that I know of. I would love to hear from others about this.

Sounds like you are stuck..... try Texas Air Salvage or Wentorth for a used set. I’ve bought from Texas a few times, and Dawson in Arkansas. There is always eBay too, but that’s more of a dice roll than dealing with a legit company if it’s DOA.

You try giving a shout out on beechaeroclub? I bet someone there has one or two rolling around in their shop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Before you spend a lot of money on the gyros, did you check the rest of the system (vacuum pump, regulators, filter)?

I have a Horizon Gyro Indicator RC Allen RC22-7 and Directional Gyro Sigmatek 4000B-8. If you are interested or would like more info or photo, please PM with your email.

Back