Gaston's Fly-in 2018!

Heck.

I was kinda figuring on going to leer at your wife, Bryan.

Guess I'll just have to leer at you.

With regret, and with a heavy heart, I gotta bail on Gaston's this year.

I'm in the middle of buying a house, and fixing up and selling another. I must devote those precious vacation days to house related stuff. Plus, until this deal is all done, I don't have two nickels to rub together. Probably won't even spare any for airplane go juice for awhile.

So sorry, y'all. Drink a brewski for me :(

Last edited:
Okay, since you all haven't started the list...and I can't tell how many are coming...are we going to just rely on the local grocery to supplies with all our needs and wants?

I will be baking Thursday so put in your requests now...or you'll be stuck with the grocery goods.

I will be baking Thursday so put in your requests now...or you'll be stuck with the grocery goods.
You folks going need to take Susan up on this offer of pie.... She is a muy excelente baker and makes really good pie.

With regret, and with a heavy heart, I gotta bail on Gaston's this year.

I'm in the middle of buying a house, and fixing up and selling another. I must devote those precious vacation days to house related stuff. Plus, until this deal is all done, I don't have two nickels to rub together. Probably won't even spare any for airplane go juice for awhile.

So sorry, y'all. Drink a brewski for me :(

Poop, we’re gonna miss you! Good luck with the house(es)!

@JCranford @Mrs. J Cranford

I just heard on the local news this morning that the record Arkansas cutthroat trout was caught earlier in the week just downstream from Gaston's. Over 10# iirc. You're a week late and a dollar short again!

Poop, we’re gonna miss you! Good luck with the house(es)!

Thank ya, J.

We planned on going until today. Just set a closing date and put ourselves on the hook for more money than I've ever imagined spending. Got to hustle up and get the current house spruced up and sold. Gonna be cash poor and busy as heck for a short while.

I don’t wanna mention that which we don’t mention, but mostly sunny and highs in the 60’s sounds awesome!!

We have space available if anyone needs a bed.

You gotta bunk with 6PC, but...

Thanks to hurricane Sergio we will be staying home this weekend. John has to be back Sunday evening and it looks like the weather was just going to deteriorate Sunday and Monday. On the bright side I Made a big pot of chili, couple of pies and some banana bread so we won’t need to do any cooking. House is clean...had the pet sitter coming, so we don’t have to do any cleaning either.

Hi folks, planning on driving down on Saturday to say hello, but considering the weather, is anyone going to be there?

Well there was a last minute cancellation and we got a Saturday night room. I haven't kept track of who all is coming but we'll be there :)

I'm out, but I was just a Saturday day trip anyway. I have a meeting in Jeff City. Man, the weather has sucked for flying for about a year around here. Starting to wonder if I somehow teleported to the PNW.

Did anyone show besides Chien? When I saw the forecast last night I decided to not make the drive. Hopefully,, next year is sunny and cool!

I think Gaston’s 2019 is a wash, quite literally...

Whoops, I meant “2018”...

Last edited:
Glad I decided early on not to go. Route is mostly MVFR and IFR for me.

Back