Plane down, La Verne CA KPOC

What a shame.

Airspeed is life. Attention to that and bank angle in the traffic pattern might have prevented this. As can be seen by the photo, the aircraft struck the ground in a nose down and significant left bank.

:oops:

Ugh. Just flew over Brackett Field this morning.

Condolences to the family of the deceased and a speedy recovery to the survivor.

N46321 - a Cessna 177. Awful - I’ve overflown Bracket on my way to Cable. Ditto the condolences to the person who passed away, and Godspeed on recovery for the survivor.

It was an engine failure on takeoff. Assumption is pilot tried to turn back to airport and put it into a spin. I talked to a pilot that was here and heard the engine sputter and backfire and go silent.

Very sad. I stopped at POC in February to visit and have lunch with my niece and her family who live in Pomona.

May he RIP. Hopefully a quick and complete recovery for the survivor.

Ugh. I think I knew him. I used to keep my plane there (POC) about 9 years ago. If it is still the same owner, he was a very nice, conversive African-American man. Former AF, I believe. Very proud of his plane, although it was kept outside and not in the best of cosmetic condition. Very sad. Also happens to be on the anniversary date of the death of a good friend of mine in a twin Comanche a few years ago.

Ugh. I think I knew him. I used to keep my plane there (POC) about 9 years ago. If it is still the same owner, he was a very nice, conversive African-American man. Former AF, I believe. Very proud of his plane, although it was kept outside and not in the best of cosmetic condition. Very sad. Also happens to be on the anniversary date of the death of a good friend of mine in a twin Comanche a few years ago.

Yes, same owner. His truck is still next to his tie down

Why the AA (black man) reference?

What a shame.

Airspeed is life. Attention to that and bank angle in the traffic pattern might have prevented this. As can be seen by the photo, the aircraft struck the ground in a nose down and significant left bank.

:oops:
Angle of attack is life. At least, proper angle of attack.

Why the AA (black man) reference?

Just an additional descriptive that would help identify him to those on that airport. I also called him very nice, conversive and former AF. Just as I may be described as that tall white guy. Don't try to read anything more into it. He was a great guy, and I am deeply saddened that he did not survive.

Back