Going for a swim....airliner misses runway.

Unfortunately, the flight attendants panicked, and started yelling, and I was trying to be calm and help as best as I could.

I wonder if this is true. FAs are trained to loudly shout instructions.

Baring a mechanical failure I cannot fathom how two aviation professionals could allow this to happen!

Ahh, journalism on aviation...

qfxzvvwl9ri01.jpg

It used to be called Truk Lagoon. The 737 will look odd with all the WWII equipment already on the bottom.

Cheers

New meaning to the term "cruise flight"?

I probably would have realized something was wrong when there was a sudden loud splashing noise....
Really? What would’ve been your first inclination?

Well, since it is in shallow water, they won't leave it there.

The article said the lagoon is 100’ deep in some places and the plane was submerged after a couple hours. No clue how deep the actual location is were it sank.

Cheers

Last edited:
I hope they at least looted the little liquor bottles and peanuts before she sunk. I’d turn that life raft into a party boat.

I wonder if this is true. FAs are trained to loudly shout instructions.

I can believe it...I was on a late night Southwest flight half asleep with my headphones and was startled awake by a FA SCREMING in a panic over the PA “is there a Doctor? medical emergency!” And a few other related phrases. It was not from a place of command and attention but panic and excitement. Guy ended up being fine but I thought to myslef...”man, I sure do not wanna be on board with this FA should we encounter an actual emegency of eminent danger.”

FAs are just human to and while they may train for it, they are rarely put in emergency situations like the rest of us to keep those skills sharp

Back