I'm new and old at the same time

Mark B Schick

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy the Razor
Hello.

The computer told me to introduce myself so I could post.

I'm a very proud owner of a '74 Skylane P model and I'm just learning to become a more deliberate pilot. I've owned the airplane for six years and want to fly more with my family. I'm based in Ann Arbor with a great group of pilots and mechanics. My other hobby is a '66 air-cooled PORSCHE.

Hello.

I'm a very proud owner of a '74 Skylane P model and I'm just learning to become a more deliberate pilot. I've owned the airplane for six years and want to fly more with my family. I'm based in Ann Arbor with a great group of pilots and mechanics. My other hobby is a '66 air-cooled PORSCHE.
Welcome!!!!

ohhh boy, you done stepped in it now...

Howdy from Texas

Hello.

Is that "Porsche" with one syllable, or "Porsche" with two syllables? ;)

Welcome to PoA! :cheers:

I lived in SE Michigan (Detroit and suburbs) all my life until 4 years ago, did my undergrad at UM, and have several friends in the Ann Arbor area. I was based at 76G, then at KPHN and KVLL.

Welcome to PoA! :cheers:

I lived in SE Michigan (Detroit and suburbs) all my life until 4 years ago, did my undergrad at UM, and have several friends in the Ann Arbor area. I was based at 76G, then at KPHN and KVLL.
For the last 10 years or so I've been wanting to move out of Michigan, but lately something's changed and I realized just how special Ann Arbor is. We have a great "little" airport and lots of very talented Pilots and Instructors.
ohhh boy, you done stepped in it now...

Howdy from Texas
You are flying my dream airplane! Maybe someday when I grow up...

Hello.

Welcome to the joint. Whatcha mean by deliberate?

Welcome to the joint. Whatcha mean by deliberate?
I used to just get in the airplane and fly. Never overly concerned about anything. I've had a few gotcha moments that turned out OK. After that I decided to become more deliberate about everything involved with flying the airplane. I'm also reading The Skylane Pilot's Companion (that I learned about on this site) and its teaching me to know as much about the airplane as I can. Great group on here. Maybe y'all could come over for dinner some night.

Hidy ho!

I drive cool air Porsches.

Does that count? ;)

Probably not, but much safer for everyone involved...trust me.

That is no ordinary 911! '95 Turbo? Absolutely gorgeous car and an iconic picture. Do you mind if I turn the picture of your car into wallpaper in my hangar!

Close! It's a 1996 C4S (993 wide body).

And you are most welcome to use the photo in your hangar! Shoot me a PM with your email address if you want and I will email you the high resolution picture.

Back