Watch my fake reality video that is probably more real than the real reality videos (they're faker)

Not quite epic enough... you need the super deep movie trailer voice guy to do the previews and narration

Should have tried turning it off then on again. That seems to fix most things.

It's a miracle that you figured that out. Normally they only teach that as part of SFAR training on the MU-2. You're a regular Chuck Yeager to figure that out on your own!

A production this good shouldn’t be free. If crap ever hits the fan, I hope you’re the guy I have sitting next to me, because I probably wouldn’t have figured that out.

Epic. Nice background music. I lol’d with the “come from together” throwed in there. Also when the ship shed its parts!

My favorite part was when a cloud went by just as you said “there wasn’t a cloud in the sky”.

Funny but my CFI never taught me about uneven heating of the wings. That kind of over-sight should not be excused. It's hard to find a good CFI these days....

There's no requirement saying you have to be in the left seat for solo flight in an aircraft like that.

When I started working on my CFI I just hopped in the right seat of the 172, fired it up and went flying.

You know, I didn't care for the thing in those days, but now, there's some appeal.

No I won't trade the MU-2.

If I may suggest a topic-The gear on my Cessna 172 failed to retract after takeoff but I was able to bring it back around and land safely.

When I was doing my PPL training, one day the only airplane available was a 172RG "Gutless." We took it, and the CFI wouldn't let me pull the gear up. Man that thing flew like a turd.

Wow, I’m glad you lived to tell the story! My greatest fear is that my autopilot fails in flight and I have to **gasp** hand fly the plane!

OMG!! What a hot mess!

What should any of us do to increase the drama if we were to suffer an actual failure of the onboard mainframe computer such as you initially suspected? I need a backup mainframe! What do I do???

OMG!! What a hot mess!

What should any of us do to increase the drama if we were to suffer an actual failure of the onboard mainframe computer such as you initially suspected? I need a backup mainframe! What do I do???

Most use a cloud backup solution.

A) You didn't land in Austin. Is that KTKI?
B) You planned on going to Austin and failed to tell us?
C) Great recovery, awesome troubleshooting skiils, glad you're here to tell your story. Hopefully someone will learn from it too!

Reminds me of the time my airplane kept climbing when I didn’t want it to. I could make it fly level, more or less, by pushing hard on the yoke, but that got to be fatiguing. Eventually, I found the Cruise checklist had a notation I’d never noticed before: “Trim.” Turns out that there’s a little wheel you can turn that makes the nose go up and down. The flight in question was the first in which I didn’t use the autopilot. I think that makes a difference.

Back