Renter insurances...

dennisc172

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Dennis
Hi guys,

What are your opinions on renters insurances? Looking to rent C172 for a few weeks with included “full hull” for the plane and 1 million usd on damages. I am not from the States, is this a reasonable insurance? I requested some quotes for renters insurance for additonal liabiality for 1 million extra and it was pretty OK priced for that period. Prices around 150 bucks with no deductables and legal defense. Planning on flying around 30 hrs so 5 dollars more per hour...

Any thoughts? Better safe then sorry or keep the money in my pocket?

Regards,
Dennis

If you are flying the USA, there's no such thing as too much insurance! Seriously, for that price, I'd go for it.

My flying club forces me to carry renters insurance. If you have any “assets” it is a must. By the way the price you quote is very reasonable, can you provide me with the name of your insurer??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My flying club forces me to carry renters insurance. If you have any “assets” it is a must. By the way the price you quote is very reasonable, can you provide me with the name of your insurer??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It is based on the quote of Aopa insurance, with only the 1 million liability and 50% refund when cancelled within 6 months.

The place I want to rent from does not force me to do so, as they have the full hull and 1 million insured by default. But it feels safe in case something happends...

Prices around 150 bucks with no deductables and legal defense. Planning on flying around 30 hrs so 5 dollars more per hour...
$150 policy without a deductible? Either that’s an extremely generic policy that’s useless or you’ve discovered an insurance company that I’ve never heard of.

Normally if your renting from an FBO you are not a named insured for liability or Hull coverage on their policy...so you could be liable for damage if your found responsible most likely from their insurance carrier. For $150.00 I would buy it...

The policy price I listed is 50% as I will cancel it, so the full price is $300ish. I also asked a quote from Avemco and they have the pretty much the same rates.

@Warlock: The flightschool offers the packages as included insurance for the renters. I will check this again with them and ask for the policy, thanks for the advice.

Back